Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: ***LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues GDT 2/22/21 5:00pm on FSW & NHL Network***

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    634 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    The "old core" guys are carrying the team. It's so much fun to watch Brownie in his second childhood. I really like this team.
    I'm not surprised - they have something to play for again, something to look forward to, someone to pass the torch to.

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    Brown said that he doesnít kill penalties anymore which makes him much fresher and he does look faster.
    This is the way to go. I hope Kopitar, Carter and Doughty get the same treatment - minimal SH TOI in order to preserve their conditioning and bodies, and also decrease the ES TOI a bit, too. This increases their ES and PP effectiveness now and also preserves their bodies a bit so they can stay effective for longer into their expensive a$$ contracts.

By limiting their ice time a bit and giving that time to the young kids that proved ready is the smart thing to do. At this point there really isn't any need for Kopitar to be in comfortably in the TOI top 10 league wide. So, I think that's the next step for McLellan.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)

I would cut Doughtys minutes first before kopitars. He still should not play too much pk moving forward

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    634 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    I would cut Doughtys minutes first before kopitars. He still should not play too much pk moving forward
    Yeah, I just saw DD is #2 in TOI. Truly unnecessary, especially seeing his play is not what it used to be. The Kings don't benefit from this from any perspective.

PS: 35yo Burns is #1 . On the mediocrity dwelling, aging Sharks with bottom 5 prospect pool. With 4,5 seasons left @ 8 million AAV. Yikes. I'd maybe understand this from attendance filling standpoint, but that's really a factor now lol.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

That was a fun win, well done. I did notice that the Blues were missing 5 good players. I still believe the Kings will be streaky this season, however this streak is fun to watch right now.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    467 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clif View Post
    I expect St. Louis to look at the next one as a must-win game given their record recently. Going to be dangerous but Kings are so dialed in right now I canít wait.
    The Blues will be a grumpy group tomorrow night.

Five thoughts on last night's game:

1.) All that was missing from Brown's highlight reel goal was Chris Berman's "whoop, whoop whoop".
    2.) I know it doesn't count because one came during a shootout, but Vilardi has three 'game winning goals' in a row.
    3.) Quick's 'whatever it takes' style looks a lot like he did during the Cup runs.
    4.) More than anything else, Carter just seems to get in the way.
    5.) Walker's new 'temporary' nickname should be "Picasso".

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3833 Post(s)

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the gwg would be scored in the first or by Vilardi, nobody got both:

First period:

AngelEyes
    JayWells24

Vilardi gwg:
    jammer06
    CIrvine
    KHenry14
    VegasHockey
    MaxwellSmart
    randdog
    Stormy2213
    Rawley19
    John a90
    Helvetica
    forum gold
    Rogie-Vachon
    Clif
    MBreeden
    pray4mojo
    hornman
    kingsmen93
    hokiecat

What can you say, this team went toe to toe with them, then again that was a depleted lineup, but still. Glad to see them take advantage of it and continue to really show some creative game play.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Feels like we are on the right track again. Trending back towards legit contention.