Thread: ***Arizona Coyotes vs. LA Kings GDT 3/3/21 7:00pm on FSW***

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3867 Post(s)

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the Kings would score 2 goals or that the last goal would be within 1-2 mins of 13:47 of the third:

2 goals:
    jammer06
    waynet

12:47-14:47 (2 points)
    DRGinLBC
    Rusty
    John a90
    VCRW

11:47-15:47 (1 point)
    CIrvine
    MaxwellSmart
    Clif
    forum gold
    JayWells24
    dannybuoy1
    pray4mojo

Rusty was the closest missing by a mere 11 seconds to the final goal time.
    This was a weird game, I missed the start and saw the second half of the first which was not the kings best. Drews frustration about playing from behind and it's undisciplined nature of chance taking was apt. On the one hand I appreciate that they are opening things up, but I wish they didn't have to get behind to get there. This will happen with a young team, but it'd be nice if they could iron out their chance taking with a form of play that gets them the lead first too.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1891 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    You were right the first time. Right idea but a bad pass... not too hot but into Amadio's skates. A more skilled guy like Kopi or Vilardi might have played it cleanly.
    yeah i went back and rewatched it. Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.

Bad pass into the skates, right in that spot that makes it hard to take the puck on the stick. Certainly a better player would have managed to play it, or kick it up to their stick with the skate, but the fact is, maatta has not been making smart or clean passes all year, and Amadio isn't skilled enough to turn that around. But the one thing he couldn't do, was let the puck go through him. If he'd at least fumbled the puck into the boards or something it would have still been a turnover but probably wouldnt have wound up in the Kings goal.

I know smarter people than me are saying most of the kids down on the reign still aren't ready, but i'd really like to see 1-2 of them given a couple games. I don't expect Amadio to be more than a 4th line guy, but he's still making a lot of little mistakes. The consistency isn't there. Like, opposite end, Moore is also a 4th line guy, and he's not going to win a game or take over a shift. But he will work his ass off and generally doesn't make these little mistakes that cost the team.

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3670 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post

I know smarter people than me are saying most of the kids down on the reign still aren't ready, but i'd really like to see 1-2 of them given a couple games.
    I think you'll get your wish.

Rasmus Kupari joined the Kings in Arizona on their recent six-game road trip, but was only on the taxi squad, and did not factor into game action. This recall, however, feels a bit different.Todd McLellan said this morning that if Kupari is with the Kings, he will be in the lineup. He did not officially commit to Kupari being in tomorrow’s lineup for sure, but he gave a pretty damn strong indication that it’s looking likely.
    “We had him here for a week on the taxi squad and that didn’t do us any good,” McLellan said. “It was something we needed to do, in case we needed bodies, but if he’s with us now, he’ll play.”

http://lakingsinsider.com/2021/03/04...i-kempe-video/

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll look on NHL ice. From what I've read he's been damn good in the A.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4541 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I think you'll get your wish.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll look on NHL ice. From what I've read he's been damn good in the A.
    Kupari was leading the AHL in points when he was called up. Excellent right hand shot with good hands and vision. And he can fly...

Kempe-Kupari-Grundstrom could be dangerous.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1891 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I dont want to sound down on the Kings prospects, because there has been solid progress across a number of them, but it would be really nice to see one of our top end guys just break out and have a spectacular season. I hope Kupari does enough to at least take over that spot over Amadio.