1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1541 Post(s)

Default Limited Fans at Staples on 4/20

According to the Kings Facebook, they can start hosting fans again on 4/20. They are going to work with LA County to get the information to fans and make it happen.

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3693 Post(s)

It just had to be on 4/20, didn't it?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    593 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    It just had to be on 4/20, didn't it?
    4/20. And against the Ducks. How perfect, eh?

If I make it there or not, I'm sparking up a fatty to mark the occasion. I wonder what the tickets prices will be? Whatever it is, great news. Another step back to normalcy.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Weedmaps says there are 3 dispensaries within a 4.1 mile radius of the Staples center. No reason.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    512 Post(s)

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I want Staples Center to require proof of vaccination before letting anyone come to games.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2602 Post(s)

The great Staples Smokeout!

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1385 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    I hope I'm not alone in this, but I want Staples Center to require proof of vaccination before letting anyone come to games.
    Kings will be out of contention playing the last place Ducks for no reason. No one should even have a reason to spend money to see that in person

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    593 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenhole View Post
    Kings will be out of contention playing the last place Ducks for no reason. No one should even have a reason to spend money to see that in person
    That's a rather depressing thought. Gonna be a hard game to sell, even for hockey-starved die-hards. Hoping for a miracle, just to make going worthwhile...but two teams battling for last place in an 80% empty arena at the tail end of a pandemic sounds less than inviting.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

I went to Angels game on Thursday night. No proof of Vax but they did have some interesting "rules" for fans:

+Angel Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks, and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions:
    - Small/clutch purses (4.5" x 6.5") , Medical bags , Diaper bags
    +Face coverings are required inside Angel Stadium and may only be temporarily removed when actively eating or drinking within assigned seating pods.
    + All transactions at Angel Stadium are cashless. Patrons with cash, can purchase gift cards at the Advanced Ticket Windows inside of Angel Stadium near the Home Plate Gate (This includes food - which must be placed & paid thru your phone and you just pick it up)
    +Please consume food and beverage while at assigned seat
    +AND MY FAVORITE: - Guests must be seated in their ticketed locations throughout the duration of the game (Basically: You're going to sit here...and like it!)

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    It sounds like the proof will be an incentive for a larger capacity. They are going to operate at 10% capacity unless you have proof of being fully vaccinated the they'll let you in and bump capacity to 15-20%. Since the 50 and over crowd is now eligible and everyone will able to get their first shot on the 15th, Los Angeles tier may drop to new level by this game. So, here's hoping for the best. Regardless of the content.

Whatever it takes for people to make a healthy choice. They say people that were on the fence or a "no" change their mind once one person in their life gets a shot. Four people in my phone have changed their minds since I've been fully vaccinated, so whatever it takes. If people want to see a live game at Staples and feel compelled to get vaccinated, I'll take it.