Thread: Limited Fans at Staples on 4/20

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)

I need to call Nacho, the NHL attorney who approved these new COVID-19 policies!

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2410 Post(s)

I think seats should just have the cone of silence over them in order to stay protected. It worked for the Chief and Max.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I think seats should just have the cone of silence over them in order to stay protected. It worked for the Chief and Max.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    614 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    But that means only Kaos will have an unobstructed view of the game. Sorry but that isn't part of the CDC guidelines.

jom

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2600 Post(s)

As long as we don't have to cover our entire selves to enter the Arena...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Twitter was filled with ADA type questions regarding the bag issues and Staples response was always to contact guest relations ahead of time to apparently pre-arrange some kind of accommodation. Lots of the same response for questions about kids / medication / or any special requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    My wife's purse is an organized menagerie of prescription glasses cases - feminine products - cell phone holder - medical requirements - Tylenol bottle - Wallet overflowing with cards, ID, etc.

That's just how she rolls. She doesn't "stick things in her pockets"

This NHL rules is a tad over the top. Clear bags are fine.
    And don't make people eat food & guzzle beer in a common area. What's the fun in going to a game when you can't nurse an adult beverage and snack on peanuts while watching the action.

We're in A POD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
    I'm all for Staples doing whatever they can to reduce the risk of covid-19. But how does having a bag or purse increase or reduce that risk? It doesn't. Meanwhile it discriminates against people with disabilities or medical conditions who can't stuff medications or Epi Pens in their pockets. And it discriminates against women in general. The eating thing I'm not sure about. Maybe it's safer to eat in designated spots away from your seats. But when do you get your food? Do you get it during the intermissions & then stuff it all down? Or do you miss the start of the next period? If I was going to games I'd just eat & drink before I got there & not during the game.

The question I'd have before going to a game is how are they moving old air out of the arena & fresh air in? Because if you did a search of "hockey arenas trap covid" you'll find plenty of articles on how bad hockey arenas are for covid-19 infections. The reason is the air around the ice is cold & dry. And they already know that the cold dry air gets trapped above the ice. Which makes it more polluted because of the zamboni. BTW, why aren't those electric powered? Anyway, that same principle also works for covid-19. If someone's infected they breathe out & their infected exhaled air stays there. I don't know if there's a difference between small rinks & arenas or giant arenas like Staples and if that affects those in attendance.

But that's one more reason why they need proof of vaccination. Another one is that in California the restrictions on large venues is 10% capacity or 2000, whichever is smaller. For Kings games that's 1823. But the state allows 35% if everyone has proof of vaccination or negative test within 72 hours. LA County puts it down to 25%. But that's 4557. So having to show poof of vaccination actually allows more people to attend the games.
    Last edited by Dr. Tran; April 19th, 2021 at 03:43 AM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1536 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    A yes the hasty refutation. Nice play, but very transparent.
    Next step: Throw the baby out with the bath water. That will do!
    What?!? Would you care to refute any or all of the points I raised? Instead you're just replying with a bunch of gibberish. Your reply embodies: If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table. Keep pounding that table!

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    You ok, buddy?
    I'm fine. Ideally the Kings and Staples would have come back and said something like "We heard you and agree that some of the policies were heavy handed. So we're making some changes." and then they'd say that they are going from congregate eating to eating at the seats (like STL) or no eating at all (like ANA). Or change the vax/test rules or whatever. But I guess in today's social and political climate it is unacceptable to ever admit that you were wrong. So things will largely remain as they are. It is what it is. FWIW, plenty of seats available for Kings-Ducks games as Staples but almost none at Ponda.

It would be cool for someone to address the logical fallacies in the Kings policies rather than reply with a useless cliche, but I'm not expecting anything. I imagine Moog and Luc are sitting around at Kings HQ saying "At least I didn't kill grandma. Boom! Mic drop!"

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

^^^ This guy just said “gibberish”.
    Seems like Tu quoque hard at work here. Lol

I know I know.... “Do your own research” right? Do I have that part right?

I get it. I really do.

You can keep screaming into the wind. It’s ok.
    I’ve proven my points with facts over multiple posts.

Not going to follow you down the Rabbit hole.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)

I wouldn't really be happy at all to have them "require" medical proof to enter the arena. But then I wouldn't go to a game till I'm six weeks into my vaccine regimen.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Or change the vax/test rules or whatever. But I guess in today's social and political climate it is unacceptable to ever admit that you were wrong. So things will largely remain as they are. It is what it is. FWIW, plenty of seats available for Kings-Ducks games as Staples but almost none at Ponda.

It would be cool for someone to address the logical fallacies in the Kings policies rather than reply with a useless cliche, but I'm not expecting anything. I imagine Moog and Luc are sitting around at Kings HQ saying "At least I didn't kill grandma. Boom! Mic drop!"
    If you're expecting a multi-million dollar corporation owned by a billion dollar conglomerate to 1) enact policies that make logical sense 2) bend to your will, you're gonna stay disappointed. It has nothing to do with what you perceive social and political climate to be and everything to do with what impacts their bottom line. If you really want to send a message to the Kings, go down south to that sold out arena and vote with your dollars.