Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    It opened April 15th, 1934, and was closed in 1994 after the Northridge quake. The last time I was in there was 1978. The place is a trip.

Main lobby

Operating theater

Not to thread jack but......the last time I was there was in the late 90's. But I didnt go thru the beautiful front lobby . It was either straight to the ER (from the ambulance bay) Psych Ward (I forget what floor) or to the infamous 13th floor Jail ward. You wanna talk creepy try going to those floors. But despite the creepiness, I had always heard if you ever got shot "LCMC" ER ( called it this) was the place to go if you wanted to survive the gunshot wound.
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SloMo26 View Post
    Not to thread jack but......the last time I was there was in the late 90's. But I didnt go thru the beautiful front lobby . It was either straight to the ER (from the ambulance bay) Psych Ward (I forget what floor) or to the infamous 13th floor Jail ward. You wanna talk creepy try going to those floors. But despite the creepiness, I had always heard if you ever got shot "LCMC" ER ( called it this) was the place to go if you wanted to survive the gunshot wound.
    Yeah, sorry to hijack the thread...but it's not like the Kings are playing or anything...

...and as far as I'm concerned, that old county general hospital is the creepiest building in the world. I still have nightmares about the first time I was there in the early 60s visiting a sick grandmother. The last time was there in 1978 I was visiting someone in the psych ward, and that didn't help the nightmare factor at all.

The one aspect of the building that's still mind-blowing for me is a fact it's 100% concrete construction, and if you go in the rear entrance, you can still see and feel the texture from the wood forms on the concrete surface, and trace each individual pour as they made their way up.

Even creepier are those bas relief sculptures above the front entrance.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

erected

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

Again? Well, that sucks. Every time I think this pandemic is on the verge of ending, something like this happens. Oh well, maybe the rest will help our psyche and the walking wounded will heal.

Glad I'm getting my second dose Monday morning (Pfizer). They opened up the old building at LA County hospital to administer the vaccines. If you've never been inside that thing, let me tell you first hand, it's pure nightmare fertilizer. I don't believe in ghosts, but if I did, that building would be the first candidate on my list for being haunted.

Is this the same building that they used to use for the opening credits of General Hospital? Or is that a different building?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

http://lakingsinsider.com/2021/04/18...wolanin-video/

According to this, Roy & Bjornfot are back in practice & will probably be back in the next game. Which is what I hoped for.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    Is this the same building that they used to use for the opening credits of General Hospital? Or is that a different building?
    Yeah that's the same building. My first wife was a big fan of the show so I was infinitely familiar with it...and I'm sitting inside the building right now waiting for my second dose. It's just as creepy as it was the last time!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Yeah that's the same building. My first wife was a big fan of the show so I was infinitely familiar with it...and I'm sitting inside the building right now waiting for my second dose. It's just as creepy as it was the last time!
    Good luck! I leave around 9:30 this morning for dose 2.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Good luck! I leave around 9:30 this morning for dose 2.
    Thanks! Yeah good luck to you too! I can't tell you how happy I am to get this over with finally...I'm actually like next in line. Thank God because this place is freaking me out!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)

Thanks! Yeah good luck to you too! I can't tell you how happy I am to get this over with finally...I'm actually like next in line. Thank God because this place is freaking me out!
    Just checking in to make sure you weren't abducted by said freaky building.

Triple Crown Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

4 or 5 points

35 SOG

GKG!!!