Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)

Default The Day the Let's Go Kings Message Board Saved My Life

It turns out that day is today.

It's such a surreal, unbelievable story, I had no choice but to share it here with you fine people. This is easily one of the happiest days of my life, and it's all because I was posting here on Let's Go Kings.

After I got my second COVID-19 vaccination at LA County hospital today, I was placed in an observation area outdoors in front of the main entrance for 15 minutes. As if that wasn't surreal enough, while I was sitting there, I received an email alert: Someone was trying to contact me through the Instagram account I created to post photographs here on this message board. That person was my long lost daughter, who I hadn't seen or spoken to in 24 years.

A little while back I made an Instagram account so I could post photographs here, Polaroids of the LA Arena Company's office at 865 Fig when I was working for Tim Leiweke, and later posted a photo of my sister with Wayne Gretzky, Brett Hull and Jaromir Jagr when she worked for Upper Deck. Turns out that was the best thing I ever did.

Yesterday was my birthday, and my daughter's husband suggested she try to locate me. And lo and behold, they were able to find my Instagram account and sent me a message. I just got off the phone with her. We spoke for two hours, the first time in 24 years. She wants me to come up and visit her and my grandchildren, who I've never seen before.

When I saw The Frenzy on Figueroa on my birthday in 2001, I thought it was the greatest gift the Kings could ever give me. I was wrong. Needless to say this is one of the happiest days of my entire life. So all I can say is Thank You Let's go Kings Message Board! Because of this place, I get to reunite with my daughter and see my grandchildren.

And for the record, my family was stolen by a sick, wealthy old man...my father-in-law...who plotted behind my back for many years. And in a case of Instant Karma, he dropped dead of a massive heart attack shortly after he pulled his evil deed. You can run and you can hide, but Karma will always find you. They said his heart literally exploded and the fat evil bastard was dead before he hit the ground.

Sorry about posting personal stuff here, but this had to be shared.
    Last edited by Reg or Rog?; April 19th, 2021 at 02:49 PM.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3401 Post(s)

this is a great story! thanks for sharing!! I hope all goes well with the reunion.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2396 Post(s)

Vaccinated and finds long lost daughter.
    What a day!!!!

Congrats!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    this is a great story! thanks for sharing!! I hope all goes well with the reunion.
    Thanks much!

June.

I get to see them in June...and I may even relocate up 'there'. There? It's a bad, BAD place. Think San Jose Sharks territory. But worry not...I will always be a Kings fan...and I will always hate the Sharks. Heck, I lived up 'there' for two years when I was a Rams fan...deep in enemy territory...and I survived...but concessions were made...

...madly in love with my first wife, I had to pretend I was a 49ers fan (temporarily), and one year the lowly LA Rams knocked the mighty 49ers...reigning Super Bowl Champs...out of the playoffs in the last game of the season (1982) on the last play of the game. I had to pretend I was mad...then went into my father-in-law's bathroom and did my Silent Rams Happy Dance*. The following year we moved back to LA and I put my 49ers jersey where it belonged: In the fireplace. Made for a nice colorful fire.

Thanks again to Let's Go Kings! Saved my butt. Life is weird sometimes. Never saw this one coming. And being a Kings fan taught me one thing: Never give up!

*my Silent Rams Happy Dance

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Vaccinated and finds long lost daughter.
    What a day!!!!

Congrats!!!
    Thanks man! My face hurts from smiling (at least I think it's from smiling...may be a side effect of the vaccine).

Let's Go Kings...forget Disneyland...this is now officially the Happiest Place in the World!

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1996 Post(s)

The darkest days of Kings history bring you the happiest day of your life... amazing.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    512 Post(s)

You just WON your CUP, congratulations, forever happy.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Weird, lol.

Congrats!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)

Thanks for all the kind words. I almost need to pinch myself to make sure it's real. The fact is this would not have happened if I didn't post here...

...and man, am I glad I kept those old Polaroids. I had forgot all about them. They were stashed in my Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Immersion Box Set, and I went to grab the CD for the unreleased live version of the original follow-up to Dark Side of the Moon...Raving and Drooling...then saw the pics, and decided to post them here. Because of the pandemic, with no hockey...or rather, no Kings...I stopped posting here. Then the season began, and I found those Polaroids that night...and now I get to see my grandchildren before I die. It all makes perfect sense.

And the strangest part is the fact this happened today while I was posting here...sitting in a 99 cent green plastic chair under a haunted concrete hospital adorned with sculptures of Pasteur, Vesalius, Harvey, Hippocrates, Galen and John Hunter, right over my head, staring down at me...under the influence of an experimental pandemic vaccine.

Gee, I wonder why I'm sitting here thinking that this isn't really real? I hope I don't wake up in four hours and realize it was just a side effect of the vaccine and I made a fool out of myself...again. And if it did really happen...well...

Not bad, eh?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. I almost need to pinch myself to make sure it's real. The fact is this would not have happened if I didn't post here...

...and man, am I glad I kept those old Polaroids. I had forgot all about them. They were stashed in my Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Immersion Box Set, and I went to grab the CD for the unreleased live version of the original follow-up to Dark Side of the Moon...Raving and Drooling...then saw the pics, and decided to post them here. Because of the pandemic, with no hockey...or rather, no Kings...I stopped posting here. Then the season began, and I found those Polaroids that night...and now I get to see my grandchildren before I die. It all makes perfect sense.

And the strangest part is the fact this happened today while I was posting here...sitting in a 99 cent green plastic chair under a haunted concrete hospital adorned with sculptures of Pasteur, Vesalius, Harvey, Hippocrates, Galen and John Hunter, right over my head, staring down at me...under the influence of an experimental pandemic vaccine.

Gee, I wonder why I'm sitting here thinking that this isn't really real? I hope I don't wake up in four hours and realize it was just a side effect of the vaccine and I made a fool out of myself...again. And if it did really happen...well...

Not bad, eh?
    Who would have thought that the hospital that brings you nightmares would be the setting of such a great moment. Congrats! Very happy for you.

How you feeling post vaccination? 23 hours in and I'm a bit fatigued and had a headache this AM. Hoping that's all I will have at this point.