Can I get a Hell Yeah
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    $41 for 300s...unless that was STM prices....
    It had not dawned on me till you posted this that the STM prices may have been different than what the public got. I paid $41 each for 2 in 304 (May 8th).

Anyway, thanks for the write up. About what I expected. Curious - how did the proof of vaccine and/or the check for a negative test result go?

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1384 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    Thanks for the report!

For those of us who did not go, question: Does ANYONE like Alex Faust at this point? When he first came in, I gave him a break, tough shoes to fill. Then, it became very apparent that he was being very condescending to Jim Fox, which fing baffled me. Well, here we are, years later, and the guy still comes off as being a prick.

His commentating is just okay, and his comebacks at Fox's in-game comments, are, well, dickish. I mean, during the game last night, the fact that Faust even said that Lemieux isn't really what was advertised, it's Lemieux's what, 6th game as a King with severely limited ice time? He should effing know this. And how he lets everyone know that he leans towards no fighting in the NHL... I don't care, just call the fing game!

I find the guy highly unlikeable, and his commentating is average at best. Why do the kings employ unlikeable on-air personalities? And after Bob, c'mon now!
    Additionally I don’t appreciate his Ivy League superiority complex. He is just one of those guys that you wonder what he’s like when he’s not on air. He is coming across as a pompous windbag trying to find his on air personality when he is there to be a play by play announcer.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    906 Post(s)

To add to this discussion: To prove our vaccination, just show the cards to the 19 year old kid at checkpoint Charlie.

As for Alex Faust - I’ve noticed one bad habit: he copy cats Jim’s hockey terms for later broadcasts.

Example: WALK THE LINE, INSIDE POSITION and he used a Foxy Fav: Doe See Doe. Jim has used that for years, and Alex said that in his play by play recently.
    Terms that he never used - Jim uses it - Alex jots it down in his little phrase book - includes phrase in future broadcast - “Now I sound like I know what I’m talking about” (end rant)
    Last edited by Rogie-Vachon; April 22nd, 2021 at 11:10 AM.

Triple Crown Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

Yeah Faust does suck, from the standpoint of most Kings fans know more about hockey than he does. I think there might be a little animosity brewing between Jim and Alex with Alex's sometimes pretentious announcing style and Jim sometimes citing an old hockey reference that Alex clearly has no clue about. The comment will go right over Alex's head and you can hear a little humour in Foxy's voice when Alex stumbles trying to sound relevant in commenting about it. Love Jim Fox, he is stuck with that dufus but making the best of the situation.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

^^ Points awarded for using "from the standpoint" in your post.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

What if you dislike both Faust and Fox?

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    What if you dislike both Faust and Fox?
    Sounds like a Faustian bargain to me!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)

This is turning into a high event thread.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    Thanks for the report!

For those of us who did not go, question: Does ANYONE like Alex Faust at this point? When he first came in, I gave him a break, tough shoes to fill. Then, it became very apparent that he was being very condescending to Jim Fox, which fing baffled me. Well, here we are, years later, and the guy still comes off as being a prick.

His commentating is just okay, and his comebacks at Fox's in-game comments, are, well, dickish. I mean, during the game last night, the fact that Faust even said that Lemieux isn't really what was advertised, it's Lemieux's what, 6th game as a King with severely limited ice time? He should effing know this. And how he lets everyone know that he leans towards no fighting in the NHL... I don't care, just call the fing game!

I find the guy highly unlikeable, and his commentating is average at best. Why do the kings employ unlikeable on-air personalities? And after Bob, c'mon now!
    I am not a fan. For one he's got an announcer voice. Bleh. You can tell he tries to copy Doc Emrick, who I can't stand. I think they wanted to grab a young guy to "be around forever" again - which I don't really think is gonna happen. I've grown tired of him as well, and Bob could handle Jim's rants better, Alex does come off as argumentative a lot. I also don't think he's much of a hockey fan - but then again neither was the old Insider guy whose name I can't remember.

coming across as a pompous windbag trying to find his on air personality when he is there to be a play by play announcer.
    Basically this
    Last edited by KOPI! PEVS!; April 22nd, 2021 at 10:42 PM.