1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Fair. Welp, it seems like your wife would have to follow a couple of strains of abstract to make that Kings' McDavid jersey work for your birthday but I have faith in her. Lucky is a solid choice for a 90's player as is a Gallagher brother for an avatar. Cheers!

Happy bday dude.
    Thanks, man. Nice song choice. Kings anthem for now - "We will find a brighter day"

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

While we're at it - what's with this T-shirt? I own it, I love it, but... Luc's only stint as captain was 93 with Gretzky out or am I wrong? I feel like maybe in his last game or somewhere near the end it happened too? I mean I get it's just a shirt, but anyone else annoyed by stuff like this?

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2382 Post(s)

^^^ It's for those who want to remember all those times the great one was out with back issues.

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)

92/93 wasn't Luc's only stint as captain. He got to wear the C in his final games before he retired. The shirt itself is just a random vintage shirt, showing off his highest position on the team, even if it wasn't permanent or worn with that specific jersey.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    While we're at it - what's with this T-shirt? I own it, I love it, but... Luc's only stint as captain was 93 with Gretzky out or am I wrong? I feel like maybe in his last game or somewhere near the end it happened too? I mean I get it's just a shirt, but anyone else annoyed by stuff like this?

Hmm, is it a t-shirt or a hoodie? It looks like it has front pockets, which if you're a fit or a young guy that look should turn some heads but if you have a dad bod (no issue-no shame) all i see is Belichick.

Illegal yep, yesterday I went down an serious Oasis rabbithole after posting that song and ended up watching/listening to the Earls Court full concert (94)on youtube. Was pretty happy the rest of the day.

For the record, I'm a lady. No issue (just for future ref) this past month I've been gettin' several "bro" and "man" in post/karma comments. Don't think they've gone gender neutral (like dude) & not sure how to remedy other than changing my screen name to Lola.

L-O-L-A, Lola
    La-la-la-la Lola

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    Is that Gordie Howe....with a Grade A chance? Going tweeners?
    Bryan Campbell um.. defending.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Hmm, is it a t-shirt or a hoodie? It looks like it has front pockets, which if you're a fit or a young guy that look should turn some heads but if you have a dad bod (no issue-no shame) all i see is Belichick.

Illegal yep, yesterday I went down an serious Oasis rabbithole after posting that song and ended up watching/listening to the Earls Court full concert (94)on youtube. Was pretty happy the rest of the day.

For the record, I'm a lady. No issue (just for future ref) this past month I've been gettin' several "bro" and "man" in post/karma comments. Don't think they've gone gender neutral (like dude) & not sure how to remedy other than changing my screen name to Lola.

L-O-L-A, Lola
    La-la-la-la Lola
    First off, sorry for the casual sexist assumption. Now I know. Earls Court concert is so great. I saw them for the first time just before Be Here Now came out, when they still kind of had it. Not as great as Earls Court, but a cool outdoor show that Neil Young headlined. Saw them quite a few times after that and have seen Noel four times since. None of them looked as cool as the Earls Court show though. North American crowds didn't seem to get it quite the same.

And it's a T-shirt, just a poorly folded/unfolded one lol.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    First off, sorry for the casual sexist assumption. Now I know. Earls Court concert is so great. I saw them for the first time just before Be Here Now came out, when they still kind of had it. Not as great as Earls Court, but a cool outdoor show that Neil Young headlined. Saw them quite a few times after that and have seen Noel four times since. None of them looked as cool as the Earls Court show though. North American crowds didn't seem to get it quite the same.

And it's a T-shirt, just a poorly folded/unfolded one lol.
    No worries, beef curries. Whenever anyone asks if I had access to a time machine what would you do (instead of the pre-assumed murder of whomever) my reply is go on a time traveling tour of great concerts. Earls Court has made my list. 90's Brit-pop sold like 1% (in the 90's according to the LATimes article)here in LA and am a Los Angeles native, so, I can see how American audiences didn't really "get it" regardless of the line-up or year. Happy you got to see Liam and Noel get nuts.