1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)

Default The X-Kings!

We have the X-Games, the X-Men, the X-Factor and the X-Files, and coming soon to the NHL Network are The X-Kings, a TV show dedicated to all the ex-Kings playing in the NHL, with up-to-the-minute reports on every X-Kings player.

Is Alec Martinez leading the league in plus-minus? Is Tyler Toffoli still in the top five in goal scoring? How many shutouts did X-Kings goalies have last night?

But seriously, I have hockey friends in Minnesota and New York and St Louis and they're giving me a hard time about all the ex-Kings that are doing so well around the league. Meanwhile here in Los Angeles it's just embarrassing. I mentioned that we're in a rebuilding mode, and that there's other teams that used to be at the top of the pyramid in their respective divisions that are sitting at the bottom right now. Take the once mighty Red Wings and Devils; they're both as bad as the Kings.

But it is tough looking around the league and seeing all those ex-Los Angeles Kings players doing so well. I know, I know...a rebuilding process is all about patience, but

*the above post is strictly for entertainment purposes only. Your mileage may vary...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I think people are more frustrated with the team as a whole not improving as the season has progressed. In fact, you could argue the team has regressed. Personally, I am not about rushing young prospects along, but would have been nice to see what more can do at the NHL level in these “meaningless” games. Also, let’s see what Grosenick can do, Lias Andersson, and what in the world happened to Frk?

Kings have been realistically out of the playoff hunt for 4 weeks. Leadership has really let us down this season. Hopefully better results/more hope for a contender in ‘21-22.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    599 Post(s)

Toffoli and Martinez in particular have been great!

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    911 Post(s)

Toffoli was really not that good the last couple years with the Kings. I think girlfriend / marriage had something to do with that.
    So basically I’m blaming the Dodgers for hiring Cat in the first place & her for being so cute to attract a Stanley Cup champion when the Kings were honored at Dodger Stadium in 2014.

Being back in eastern Canada has readjusted his game

As Mickey would say to ROCKY: “women weaken legs”

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWells24 View Post
    I think people are more frustrated with the team as a whole not improving as the season has progressed. In fact, you could argue the team has regressed. Personally, I am not about rushing young prospects along, but would have been nice to see what more can do at the NHL level in these “meaningless” games. Also, let’s see what Grosenick can do, Lias Andersson, and what in the world happened to Frk?

Kings have been realistically out of the playoff hunt for 4 weeks. Leadership has really let us down this season. Hopefully better results/more hope for a contender in ‘21-22.
    Yeah, what the hell is up with Frk? 'Lower Body Injury'? Was one of his legs amputated? Jesus...what's he played like one game in the last year? Must be a groin...those things can last forever........................

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    Toffoli was really not that good the last couple years with the Kings. I think girlfriend / marriage had something to do with that.
    So basically I’m blaming the Dodgers for hiring Cat in the first place & her for being so cute to attract a Stanley Cup champion when the Kings were honored at Dodger Stadium in 2014.

Being back in eastern Canada has readjusted his game

As Mickey would say to ROCKY: “women weaken legs

Whatever the problem was, it certainly seems to be resolved. He's playing lights out.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    Which was reflected in the return the Kings got for both of them (picks and Madden, for instance). Vancouver should REALLY be miffed because they gave up Madden and a 2nd (Faber) for a player they soon lost for nothing. At least the Kings good good returns for these players.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    No doubt; they've been awesome. And don't forget about an entire division's worth of starting goalies. X-Kings are everywhere!

Sometimes I wonder that instead of calling in a forensic surgeon and gutting the entire body, maybe we just should have just done a few minor surgical alterations...cut out some of the bad meat and left the good parts intact. I'm not saying Blake should have tried to play Dr. Frankenstein...after all, the Kings have been dead for years...but this WAS a risky approach to rebuilding.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    734 Post(s)

I hear George Parros may be looking for a job soon.

Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    I hear George Parros may be looking for a job soon.
    #scapegoat
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.