1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Default The Way Too Early 2021-2022 Line Up

Yes, there will be moves this summer, and yes this is way too early to predict, but what does your line up next season look like?? What rookies stick? What vets donít?

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    708 Post(s)

Kopi-Brown-Iafalo
    Kempe-Vilardi-Moore
    Kupari-Byfield-Frk (he should not be overlooked next season, he's been playing great)
    Andersson-JAD-Grundstrom
    Athanassiou-Lizotte-Lemieux

Doughty-Anderson
    Walker-Bjornfot
    Roy-Clague/Maata (I'm expecting Clague to get claimed bySeattle)
    Holts-Durzi-Strand-Moverare-Brickley to battle for 2 spots

Petersen-Quick

Camp battles
    Fagemo-Thomas-Kaliyev-Turcotte-Eyssimont

I expect close to the same team with more youth infused. They have been progressing well and I believe can compete next year.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    Kopi-Brown-Iafalo
    Kempe-Vilardi-Moore
    Kupari-Byfield-Frk (he should not be overlooked next season, he's been playing great)
    Andersson-JAD-Grundstrom
    Athanassiou-Lizotte-Lemieux

Doughty-Anderson
    Walker-Bjornfot
    Roy-Clague/Maata (I'm expecting Clague to get claimed bySeattle)
    Holts-Durzi-Strand-Moverare-Brickley to battle for 2 spots

Petersen-Quick

Camp battles
    Fagemo-Thomas-Kaliyev-Turcotte-Eyssimont

I expect close to the same team with more youth infused. They have been progressing well and I believe can compete next year.
    I expect some of those names to be gone next season, trade bait to secure a new winger and/or dman. The sheer number of names is the problem the Kings have, lots of talent, just not enough space for all of them. Some will be NHL ready next season, how long to they languish in the AHL? I could very easily see Fagemo, Thomas, Kaliyev, Turcotte all ready for the NHL roster next season though maybe 1-2 of them need another AHL season. Lizotte, Lemieux, Grundstrom could be odd men out next season. Frk is an interesting one, is there truly space for him when there may be better talent available next season? I do like that you don't have Luff or Wagner listed...their time has come and gone.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    911 Post(s)

FRK.....dang - that guy was really good at the end of last season.

Then he gets ONE GAME this season. Lost Year (for the Kings)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    FRK.....dang - that guy was really good at the end of last season.

Then he gets ONE GAME this season. Lost Year (for the Kings)
    That's the concerning part...do they no longer see him as an option which is why he was in AHL or did they just keep him down there to allow him to rehab for the rest of the season. Seems like if the Kings needed scoring, they would have brought him up if they felt he could help in that department.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    708 Post(s)

Frk has been great in the AHL (as he should) He is a major reason the whole Ontario offense has been on fire recently.
    He was with Byfield and Kaliyev and they were SCARY. Now Turcotte is with Frk and Byfield and Alex got his first hat trick yesterday.
    I think they would have considered him for a recall, but they know what he can do. They better give him a look next season though.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    708 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I expect some of those names to be gone next season, trade bait to secure a new winger and/or dman. The sheer number of names is the problem the Kings have, lots of talent, just not enough space for all of them. Some will be NHL ready next season, how long to they languish in the AHL? I could very easily see Fagemo, Thomas, Kaliyev, Turcotte all ready for the NHL roster next season though maybe 1-2 of them need another AHL season. Lizotte, Lemieux, Grundstrom could be odd men out next season. Frk is an interesting one, is there truly space for him when there may be better talent available next season? I do like that you don't have Luff or Wagner listed...their time has come and gone.
    Grundstrom is a possibility for Seattle, but they'd be stupid not to take Clague.
    Lizotte is not long for the team as JAD and Turcotte play similar styles. Aggressive puck hounds.

Camp is gonna be fun.

You know who I didn't have on my list? Tyler Madden
    That head shot he took was vicious and he hasn't been back yet. I hope he gets well and can compete next season.
    Last edited by Trapper9; May 10th, 2021 at 12:44 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

I stand by my same observations for improvement...As long as Matta and McDermid are gone or semi-permanent healthy scratches, I'll be happy.

We'd be silly not to sign Moore and Happy-to-See you (AA.)
    I'd love to See Kupari and Kaliyev in the lineup with skill and speed.

Not sure how ready Byfield and Turcotte are come next year, but I'm excited to see them in a full camp.

We need some serious Defensive training when the opponent attacks down the middle through the high-slot. Allowing players to walk on in in high percentage areas is crazy at this level--I'd rather drag a guy down, take a penalty rather than hanging our goalies out to dry.

I have faith in Peterson--he's learning the ropes with a mediocre team. If we've learned anything in the past, it's that the Kings develop top notch goaltending, we just need a better team defense commitment.

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

I don't get that Byfield isn't ready, Both Stuetzle and Lafreniere had decent seasons on non playoff teams. Why is he waiting to play in the NHL. He proved he can play in his short stint.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2421 Post(s)

I just don't see Byfield being ready next season, let him have a complete season with Ontario, he is only 18 he has plenty of time. Let's see if he can dominate the AHL? There is zero rush, the Kings are not making the playoffs next season as there are too many teams to hurdle that are good or going to be good. I'm not sure the Kings will actually improve their record next season. I'm here for the ride like I have been for a long time. I actually enjoyed most of the games this year, most were exciting.

I have zero expectations for next season, however watching 82 games will be fun again.