Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 237

Thread: So, Who Ya' Got in the Playoffs?

  1. #131
    1st Scoring Line
    Reg or Rog?'s Avatar
    Karma: 3300000
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)

    Default

    Well, the Gutty Little Habruins gave it the Old College Try but The Mighty Vegans Fight On and shall prevail in six (which sucks).


  2. #132
    Can I get a Hell Yeah
    sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Karma: 5260870
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,709
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

    Default

    McNabb with the equalizer and an excellent performance from their back-up goalie. Props where it's due, this was a huge win for Vegas. I don't like Vegas much but outside of Toff I just cannot root for the Habs.

  3. #133
    O Captain, My Captain!
    Kurisu's Avatar
    Karma: 5073085
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,278
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    McNabb with the equalizer and an excellent performance from their back-up goalie. Props where it's due, this was a huge win for Vegas. I don't like Vegas much but outside of Toff I just cannot root for the Habs.
    I feel the same except the addition of Perry negates any will I might muster to enjoy them winning. Even with Martinez in Vegas this series is still a Kobayashi Maru.

  4. #134
    All Star
    RagBone's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,139
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

    Default

    I find myself in the unenviable position of rooting for Vegas, at least in this round. I will NEVER, ever root for a team that has Cory Perry.

  5. #135
    Dorkus Malorkus
    jom's Avatar
    Karma: 2691031
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,437
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RagBone View Post
    I find myself in the unenviable position of rooting for Vegas, at least in this round. I will NEVER, ever root for a team that has Cory Perry.
    I understand that. This is a hard series to like either team. I'm hoping that TB can win JUST so they can beat the inevitable winner of this series even though I'd much prefer NYI. I don't see the Islanders beating Vegas so I have to hope TB makes it. It's a far to negative playoffs for me.

    jom

  6. #136
    1st Scoring Line
    05/29/93's Avatar
    Karma: 2072000
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,176
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    I understand that. This is a hard series to like either team. I'm hoping that TB can win JUST so they can beat the inevitable winner of this series even though I'd much prefer NYI. I don't see the Islanders beating Vegas so I have to hope TB makes it. It's a far to negative playoffs for me.

    jom
    I still think, overall, it is TB's cup to lose. They showed the other night they are never out of a game, and they can strike so quickly it's scary. Plus, Vasilesky has been brilliant as well. A VGK / TB final would feature some fantastic hockey (as much as the ice would allow, in two sun belt cities in July). I agree, the NYI are a great story, but I don't think they could beat either VGK or the Canadiens.

    I've mentioned before that the Habs seem to be on a magical run. Well, some of that magic disappeared last night. They dominated the game at times, only to be tied on a soft goal and then lose in OT. In other words, the exact opposite script as game 3. Not to mention, their coach is out for this series because of COvid. If they still win this series, as I've said before, they will have definitely earned it, fair and square, like it or not.

  7. #137
    1st Scoring Line
    LAKingSteve's Avatar
    Karma: 6558000
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1164 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    McNabb with the equalizer and an excellent performance from their back-up goalie. Props where it's due, this was a huge win for Vegas. I don't like Vegas much but outside of Toff I just cannot root for the Habs.
    Price absolutely has to save that one. Big game goalies have to make big time saves during a cup run, that was one he wants back for sure and ultimately cost them the game and IMO, the series. Vegas will pounce now.

  8. #138
    All Star
    John a90's Avatar
    Karma: 3648071
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,136
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1315 Post(s)

    Default

    I may be alone with this but, I hated like hell to see Vegas take that one last night.

  9. #139
    1st Scoring Line
    LAKingSteve's Avatar
    Karma: 6558000
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1164 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John a90 View Post
    I may be alone with this but, I hated like hell to see Vegas take that one last night.
    You aren't remotely alone.

  10. #140
    LGK Agitator
    Bill Hicks's Avatar
    Karma: 2461212
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Price absolutely has to save that one. Big game goalies have to make big time saves during a cup run, that was one he wants back for sure and ultimately cost them the game and IMO, the series. Vegas will pounce now.

    I don't know if they will. Their forwards are crap scoring goals. Happened last year too. a pattern they need to figure out or else the Habs will
    take it, I believe and hope. Have to give Perry credit, like it or not, he and his line are playing playoff hockey.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •