Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Who Ya' Got in the Playoffs?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)

Well, the Gutty Little Habruins gave it the Old College Try but The Mighty Vegans Fight On and shall prevail in six (which sucks).

Can I get a Hell Yeah
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

McNabb with the equalizer and an excellent performance from their back-up goalie. Props where it's due, this was a huge win for Vegas. I don't like Vegas much but outside of Toff I just cannot root for the Habs.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    McNabb with the equalizer and an excellent performance from their back-up goalie. Props where it's due, this was a huge win for Vegas. I don't like Vegas much but outside of Toff I just cannot root for the Habs.
    I feel the same except the addition of Perry negates any will I might muster to enjoy them winning. Even with Martinez in Vegas this series is still a Kobayashi Maru.

All Star
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

I find myself in the unenviable position of rooting for Vegas, at least in this round. I will NEVER, ever root for a team that has Cory Perry.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RagBone View Post
    I find myself in the unenviable position of rooting for Vegas, at least in this round. I will NEVER, ever root for a team that has Cory Perry.
    I understand that. This is a hard series to like either team. I'm hoping that TB can win JUST so they can beat the inevitable winner of this series even though I'd much prefer NYI. I don't see the Islanders beating Vegas so I have to hope TB makes it. It's a far to negative playoffs for me.

jom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    I understand that. This is a hard series to like either team. I'm hoping that TB can win JUST so they can beat the inevitable winner of this series even though I'd much prefer NYI. I don't see the Islanders beating Vegas so I have to hope TB makes it. It's a far to negative playoffs for me.

jom
    I still think, overall, it is TB's cup to lose. They showed the other night they are never out of a game, and they can strike so quickly it's scary. Plus, Vasilesky has been brilliant as well. A VGK / TB final would feature some fantastic hockey (as much as the ice would allow, in two sun belt cities in July). I agree, the NYI are a great story, but I don't think they could beat either VGK or the Canadiens.

I've mentioned before that the Habs seem to be on a magical run. Well, some of that magic disappeared last night. They dominated the game at times, only to be tied on a soft goal and then lose in OT. In other words, the exact opposite script as game 3. Not to mention, their coach is out for this series because of COvid. If they still win this series, as I've said before, they will have definitely earned it, fair and square, like it or not.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Price absolutely has to save that one. Big game goalies have to make big time saves during a cup run, that was one he wants back for sure and ultimately cost them the game and IMO, the series. Vegas will pounce now.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1315 Post(s)

I may be alone with this but, I hated like hell to see Vegas take that one last night.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John a90 View Post
    I may be alone with this but, I hated like hell to see Vegas take that one last night.
    You aren't remotely alone.

LGK Agitator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Price absolutely has to save that one. Big game goalies have to make big time saves during a cup run, that was one he wants back for sure and ultimately cost them the game and IMO, the series. Vegas will pounce now.

I don't know if they will. Their forwards are crap scoring goals. Happened last year too. a pattern they need to figure out or else the Habs will
    take it, I believe and hope. Have to give Perry credit, like it or not, he and his line are playing playoff hockey.