Thread: DD article on NHL.com

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)

I never mentioned that DD should be traded. I mentioned Kopitar, Brown and Quick. is Kopitar putting point up, Yes but he got a massive contract and with his production the Kings could get alot back in return back then. Quick was still in his prime and could have brought a first round pick and a good player at the least. I have no problem with DD and his contract cause yes d men like him are hard to find. It is his mindset that I was addressing. That core did win two cups but cores don't last forever and my opinion is that you don't wait until they are old and lose production to trade them. Trade them while they still have good value so you can set the team up for say 4 or 5 more years at giving the team the best chance to win the cup.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)

While I didn't say he SHOULD be traded, I said if he COULD be traded you'd have to look at it.
    He could still net a quality return.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    While I didn't say he SHOULD be traded, I said if he COULD be traded you'd have to look at it.
    He could still net a quality return.
    But what kind of return? More prospects and draft picks? Isn't this where we have to start getting bridge players and developing our youth? Seems like the wrong time to jettison DD or AK. There's a reason they would get something in return - because they're worth something - to us especially.

LGK Agitator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

Let him talk. It's all just hot air.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)

If he keeps questioning Blakes decisions, he might just be traded or at the very least Blake will have to put him in his place.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3893 Post(s)

Anyone who listens to a Drew quote and doesn't immediately disregard almost all of it is basically lacking any critical reasoning skills. Some people think out loud, and some people emote out loud. Drew does a lot of both. I'd be more concerned if he was saying any of this with a consistent framework, other than hes frustrated that the team needs more talent now.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Is the answer "Jesus"?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1103 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    But what kind of return? More prospects and draft picks? Isn't this where we have to start getting bridge players and developing our youth? Seems like the wrong time to jettison DD or AK. There's a reason they would get something in return - because they're worth something - to us especially.
    And you can't trade every vet...can you imagine a team full of rookies? That would be a mess. Kopi and DD need to stay as the foundation of this team, bring in the young guys to learn from them and let them pass the torch over time.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1455 Post(s)

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    536 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    And you can't trade every vet...can you imagine a team full of rookies? That would be a mess. Kopi and DD need to stay as the foundation of this team, bring in the young guys to learn from them and let them pass the torch over time.
    This is a good point. Kopi is still a stud. People who think otherwise are simply deluded. DD has a long career still ahead of him. I suppose you could do a hockey deal with either to get a similar player that perhaps is viewed as a better fit going forward by management, but the idea of offloading them for picks and prospects is nuts. Having a link to our Stanley Cup years, guys who actually got it done, is beneficial for the younger players.