3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    You must not have seen him play , He was great. 21 points in 32 games. Drove play on every line he was on, really looked good with Kaliyev and was tenacious on the puck at both ends. As brittle as some seem to think he is, he only missed 8 games all year. Why wasn't he called up? Maybe because they had a finite number of call-ups and they had a PLAN on who they wanted to see? If you think taxi squad is an impressive call up then you must think Drake Rymsha is the future of the franchise.
    Who is talking about a taxi squad call-up? What would have been impressive would be to give him a few games and get him primed on the speed and compete level of the NHL and more self-awareness as to what he needs to do during the summer in order to make the day 1 roster. I too thought he was impressive during the second half when others seemed to cool off (Fagemo and Kupari who both started off really hot). I think he is ready to come up to the NHL next season, but if the Kings do then why not give the guy some experience? I agree in regards to the finite number of call-ups but Turcotte really should be given a bit of priority if the management feels he is close.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)

Jt was, that was a mostly a response to Jt

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

I wanna play devil's advocate here.

Gabe Vilardi. Why has a guy with his way worse injury history and struggles been given this much rope? I thought he should've been sent down to figure his stuff out, even if for only a handful of games.

Rasmus Kupari. Broken leg at WJC, long recovery period and still got in 7 NHL games.

Turcotte's younger, but factor in the injuries of the other two, they fall behind and still get back up to speed pretty quickly relative to him.

So I'd normally expect a #5 overall from 2 years ago to make the team out of camp - except (we already know) that's impossible - mainly because of Byfield and his situation.

Maybe don't buy a Turcotte jersey?

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)

I wouldn't rule Turcotte out making the team out of camp. Byfield or not, but let's see camp first.
    Vilardi didn't have a worse injury history, he had a worse injury. That just required him growing into his body to cure. It hasn't been a problem since and it shouldn't provided he keeps in peak conditioning.
    Turcotte had the case of Mono at Wisconsin, a knee injury in the Gold Medal game and another leg injury midway thru last season. I wouldn't call him injury prone yet.
    I do agree with how they handled Gabe during his struggles, they almost wrecked his confidence. But once he got it going again and at times before, he flashes brilliance of the talent he has.
    Again, why didn't they call Turcotte up? It wasn't for play if you watched ANY of the games, maybe they just had a plan and stayed with it.

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)

I know everyone is saying no one on TB is worth the price but I would be willing to break the bank to get Braydon Point.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)

I like Point, I think he's better than Eichel. He's only signed for 1 more year. Could cost A LOT!!

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3411 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    I wouldn't rule Turcotte out making the team out of camp. Byfield or not, but let's see camp first.
    Again, why didn't they call Turcotte up? It wasn't for play if you watched ANY of the games, maybe they just had a plan and stayed with it.
    The Reign were struggling all season. They needed at least 1 really good player on there, too, or they would have probably lost even more games.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

Hey all, haven't posted in a while ...

On the topic of forwards, is anyone else as concerned as I am that the LAK's keep being lumped into the Eichel conversation? Especially when major news outlets are reporting that a trade will come in days as opposed to weeks? From what Buffalo has said, they want (no pun) and king's ransom. I don't want us to empty the cupboard for this guy. I know this has been discussed but it keeps coming up in the news and especially if the conversation begins with Byfield and a 1st ... I can't help but be just a little worried.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OC Kings Fan View Post
    Hey all, haven't posted in a while ...

On the topic of forwards, is anyone else as concerned as I am that the LAK's keep being lumped into the Eichel conversation? Especially when major news outlets are reporting that a trade will come in days as opposed to weeks? From what Buffalo has said, they want (no pun) and king's ransom. I don't want us to empty the cupboard for this guy. I know this has been discussed but it keeps coming up in the news and especially if the conversation begins with Byfield and a 1st ... I can't help but be just a little worried.
    Not worried, apparently all the rumblings inside the Kings is that they are not interested in Eichel.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2076 Post(s)

With respect to Eichel, I just dont think Buffalo is going to get the high asking price. Buffalo has no leverage here. Disgruntled player, with an injury, and a high cap hit. Flat cap, headed into an expansion draft. And they literally need to get rid of him at this point. That relationship simply isnt salvageable.

So how many teams have assets and cap space to get that trade going? Not many. The Kings are not giving up Byfield and a 1st.