Thread: Two top 6 forwards

Triple Crown Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    710 Post(s)

Landeskog would be a great addition. Zach Hyman is a UFA and would not be too big of a cap hit. Personally, I think the Kings need to shore up the defense a bit. I'd like to get a Dougie Hamilton, but would settle for a Tyson Barrie. Mixed in with LA's young D corps, it might stop the bleeding.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)

The fill seats vs. rebuild argument is dumb. It's no small inconvenience that a global pandemic hit smack in the middle of our rebuild. It didn't just impact fans in the seats it made scouting and development a giant challenge as well. Let's have at least one full season post-pandemic before we light up the Fire Blake, Fire Luc torches again.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

I hear Kovalchuk is ready to make a return to the NHL
    Watch me fail at gaming at an old age.
    https://www.twitch.tv/dexlgk

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Calling it right now one of the forwards is Evander Kane. Just have a gut feeling.
    Other forward will probably a UFA signing. Which means he'll be overpaid and will never reach the type of production he had on his previous team. So Zach Hyman is the perfect candidate.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    919 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    Calling it right now one of the forwards is Evander Kane. Just have a gut feeling.
    Other forward will probably a UFA signing. Which means he'll be overpaid and will never reach the type of production he had on his previous team. So Zach Hyman is the perfect candidate.
    Hard no on Kane--far too much of a distraction with all his off ice shenanigans and bad vegas gambling debts.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

While we are all hoping for the second coming of Ryan Smyth and Justin Williams to our Top 6...

...however based upon the trade and signing history of this regime AND AEG (they are complicit)

I'm afraid we might be back to the Dave Taylor dumpster diving days

So yeah, Evander Kane sounds about right

Halloween Dolphin!
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2654 Post(s)

Evander Kane?

Well, sometimes, you just gotta take a gamble.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3967 Post(s)

I still think Saad is a reliable target, as is the Nuge. One name that might become dominant is Krejci. He'd be a 35 plus contract, and Boston has been hit and miss with their treatment of players. If they go hard for Hall it's possible he is at least available during the open market time.

Trade targets, the lightning would seem to make the most sense but that implies some form of Tyler Johnson. Possibly a three way trade where the kings end up carrying 2.5 million of his cap or so.
    The dumpster dive would be a guy like Haula who for some reason can't stick with a team but seems to have that sandpaper that coaches want. Mike Hoffman would be a more skilled version of the same.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4639 Post(s)

Tampa Bay had to cheat the cap rules to ice their whole team in the playoffs. I would be targeting Palat or Killorn.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2416 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    If that is true then AEG has turned clueless on how to get people to come to games. What you've suggested is the same failed ideas of Bruce McNall and Jack Kent Cooke. The way to get people to come to games in LA is to WIN...not just sign "stars".

Frankly, I don't believe it. I just think Blake and company want to improve the team and they see our gathered assets (cap space, draft picks and already drafted young players) as a way to make it happen. If they do it correctly then there will be plenty of fans buying gear.

jom
    Make no mistake, these are the same failed ideas AEG has done with their pro sports teams for quite some time.
    Blake has a history of doing this too (Kovalchuk).

Since Timmy left, and Dan took over, it's been all about making $$$ over winning.
    Sponsorships, advertisement, squeezing every penny out of the fans, streaming "radio", selling merch, signing a "big" name.....it goes on and on.

This is nothing new.

Danny B is the problem IMHO.

AEG's LA franchises (Galaxy and Kings) have "yes men" at the helm (Chris Klein, and Luc Robitaille). They accomplish what Danny B wants for Uncle Phil: $$$$
    Danny B wants the clubs to make coin, not win. Winning is secondary to him.

AEG does not think like you, or I. They think about $$. Winning costs $$$. They want to make $$$ by spending as little as possible.....ESPECIALLY in a post pandemic world where AEG has lost massive amounts of $$$$

The Kings bandwagon fell apart years ago, AEG can no longer gravy train off of Deano's Cup wins and deep playoff runs.
    Uncle Phil wants $$$ now.....Danny B is very good at getting $$$ for Uncle Phil.