Thread: Two top 6 forwards

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

I'd still be a no for Byfield, but pretty much everyone else, I'd listen. Reinhart needs to be signed, he is currently an arbitration eligible RFA and Eichel is still a medical question mark.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)

If the Kings are looking to trade for either Eichel or Reinhart, to me it's because they don't believe that Vilardi can be the 2C next season. So can he? I don't know. I think him & Cal are the 2 players who will have the most to prove next season. Cal is expected to be the starting goalie & Gabe is expected to be the #2 center. Both showed they had the potential but both of them also showed inconsistencies. I don't know if Buffalo has to move those players in the off season, I think they want to. But I wonder if we waited to see how Vilardi fared, then if we need to we could trade for one of those guys.

With Turcotte, I don't know if that was just hyperbole or saying something just to get a reaction, but I don't think he's a bust just because he didn't get a call up last season. There are a few reasons for that, like his injuries & the limited number of call ups. I think if he doesn't make the team by the end of the next season & is not a regular to start the season after that, then I'd be worried. Unless he's traded for Eichel, Reinhart, Seth Jones or whoever.

And I think the big wild card for next season is if Byfield makes the team out of training camp. Because he can't go to Ontario like last season. I don't know if he still has a minimum number of games he can play since he played the 6 last season. But I think it's better than 50/50 that he makes the team. And by the end of the season he might end up as the #2 center.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4626 Post(s)

If the Kings should (stupidly) acquire Jack Eichel, who's gonna tell Anze Kopitar he is no longer the 1C? Especially after such a strong season???

You don't get a talent like Eichel is (was) to play second line minutes.

Byfield, on the other hand, would make far more sense working his way up the depth chart while Kopi is still playing well.
    Last edited by VCRW; June 20th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    If the Kings should (stupidly) acquire Jack Eichel, who's gonna tell Anze Kopitar he is no longer the 1C? Especially after such a strong season???

You don't get a talent like Eichel is (was) to play second line minutes.

Byfield, on the other hand, would make far more sense working his way up the depth chart while Kopi is still playing well.
    Timing does have pretty much everything to do with it. The Kings are loaded with centers so I don't really see the need for Eichel especially with the health issues. The Kings should be spending time trying to figure out how to find the Left Defense and some wingers while using their abundance in center assets to acquire them. Going after yet another center seems a bit over the top.

jom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    Timing does have pretty much everything to do with it. The Kings are loaded with centers so I don't really see the need for Eichel especially with the health issues. The Kings should be spending time trying to figure out how to find the Left Defense and some wingers while using their abundance in center assets to acquire them. Going after yet another center seems a bit over the top.

jom
    You only go after a center if you're confident you can move some of the young guys like Turcotte to wing. But still a lot of Centers in the pipeline, just hard to know which, if any, will pan out.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

Im not saying they should get Eichel, but a package involving Vilardi would leave the Kings with Kopitar, Eichel, and Byfield... giving Byfield time to grow into his role, and a solid 1-2 punch at center just as Kopitar's contract ends in 3 years. I don't think that's a terrible situation to be in. It would obviously involve converting some of the remaining centers/center prospects into wingers or trades for wingers.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

I would rather look at guys like Ondrej Palat, who is basically the Justin Williams for Kucherov and Point, or a solid 2C/elite 3C, like Danault supposedly is, as a bridge player.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Allegedly Matt Tkachuk wants out of Calgary. Should Blake be making a call, and if so, what would it cost to brings Drew’s bestie over here…?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
    Allegedly Matt Tkachuk wants out of Calgary. Should Blake be making a call, and if so, what would it cost to brings Drew’s bestie over here…?
    That would certainly be interesting.

It is pretty funny that us fans think all these guys hate each other because we do but apparently many of them get along quite well in the offseason. I seem to remember reading something about Perry being friends with a few Kings.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    That would certainly be interesting.

It is pretty funny that us fans think all these guys hate each other because we do but apparently many of them get along quite well in the offseason. I seem to remember reading something about Perry being friends with a few Kings.
    It's not just fans that get swept up in it. Remember a few years back when the media was pushing the Doughty and Logan Couture being close friends and rivals? It got so over the top that Doughty actually spoke up and said they're really not close at all.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...225751625.html