1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1760 Post(s)

Default Two top 6 forwards

Dear Santa,

https://www.tsn.ca/los-angeles-kings...ason-1.1651461

I also want a dynamic left shot defenseman.

And I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Thank you,

Rob Blake

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)

Blake Should start wheeling and dealing before the Expansion draft. Kings can go 7 Forwards 3 D (Kopi, Iaffalo, Kempe, L. Anderson, Moore, ) that leaves 2 spots for top 6 to trade and protect. Alot of team will get what they can instead of potentially losing that player to Kraken. Blake should target Tampa, Colorado, Islanders .

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3816 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    Dear Santa,

https://www.tsn.ca/los-angeles-kings...ason-1.1651461

I also want a dynamic left shot defenseman.

And I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Thank you,

Rob Blake
    You'll shoot your eye out!

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I would settle for 1 forward, if that forward is Landeskog. Blake needs to offer him some crazy number to see if it perks his ears. I would start at 5 years $60M ($12M/yr). At worse it drives up his price and makes things difficult for Colorado to keep all their core players.

The Working Man
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MoWolfe1134 View Post
    I would settle for 1 forward, if that forward is Landeskog. Blake needs to offer him some crazy number to see if it perks his ears. I would start at 5 years $60M ($12M/yr). At worse it drives up his price and makes things difficult for Colorado to keep all their core players.
    $12M for a winger? Pass. I enjoy Landy's game but I'm afraid what his numbers what look like if he didn't play on the best line in hockey (especially in LA).

I honestly think Blake is looking for a couple of stop-gaps (think 08-09 season). Not that I necessarily agree w/ this idea but that's my hunch. We've all been watching the Avs/Knights series and 2 forwards do not get us close to competing against them. Wasting prospects just to compete for a playoff spot is pointless.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I would take Landeskog not just for his production but for his leadership and his intangibles. He has been just under a point per game player for the last 3 seasons. He is in his prime and has been severely underpaid. There is an almost 0% chance that he leaves the Avs, but Blake should try.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2416 Post(s)

Uncle Phil & Danny B called old Luc & Rob, and told them you gotta fill the seats at Staples because nobody is coming to watch.

Say things like top six forwards.....you know, OFFENSE, GOALS, get a "BIG" name to sell some jerseys.....we are bleeding $$$$$$.

This team is not near ready to contend, this looks like a decision from the accounting dept to sell tix and merch.....not like AEG ever does those kinds of things.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1602 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Uncle Phil & Danny B called old Luc & Rob, and told them you gotta fill the seats at Staples because nobody is coming to watch.

Say things like top six forwards.....you know, OFFENSE, GOALS, get a "BIG" name to sell some jerseys.....we are bleeding $$$$$$.

This team is not near ready to contend, this looks like a decision from the accounting dept to sell tix and merch.....not like AEG ever does those kinds of things.
    You also need decent players to pair with the upcoming prospects. Byfield passing to Wagner is not going to be useful for his development. Let him play with somebody who has some skill. Same with Vilardi. I think he'll play better if less is expected; sort of like hitting a golf ball, you'll hit it farther if you're just hitting and not trying to clobber it.

I'm sure there's also a STH aspect though. AEG had to notice that we failed to fill Staples even with the local restrictions. Nobody wants to see Kopi, Dewey, and 18'ish replacement level players.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2416 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    You also need decent players to pair with the upcoming prospects. Byfield passing to Wagner is not going to be useful for his development. Let him play with somebody who has some skill. Same with Vilardi. I think he'll play better if less is expected; sort of like hitting a golf ball, you'll hit it farther if you're just hitting and not trying to clobber it.

I'm sure there's also a STH aspect though. AEG had to notice that we failed to fill Staples even with the local restrictions. Nobody wants to see Kopi, Dewey, and 18'ish replacement level players.
    Agreed. I think it's a bit of both, but mostly an accounting move. The Kings are not generating revenue. AEG's priority is to fill AEG's coffers...which were/are severely drained due to the pandemic.
    AEG wants to make a move over the summer to "energize" the dwindling LA hockey fanbase to hopefully begin to somewhat fill the seats at Staples.

Keep in mind, even prior to the pandemic, Staples was nowhere near full for Kings games....not by a longshot.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Agreed. I think it's a bit of both, but mostly an accounting move. The Kings are not generating revenue. AEG's priority is to fill AEG's coffers...which were/are severely drained due to the pandemic.
    AEG wants to make a move over the summer to "energize" the dwindling LA hockey fanbase to hopefully begin to somewhat fill the seats at Staples.

Keep in mind, even prior to the pandemic, Staples was nowhere near full for Kings games....not by a longshot.
    If that is true then AEG has turned clueless on how to get people to come to games. What you've suggested is the same failed ideas of Bruce McNall and Jack Kent Cooke. The way to get people to come to games in LA is to WIN...not just sign "stars".

Frankly, I don't believe it. I just think Blake and company want to improve the team and they see our gathered assets (cap space, draft picks and already drafted young players) as a way to make it happen. If they do it correctly then there will be plenty of fans buying gear.

jom