1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    924 Post(s)

Default Reinhart over Eichel and Tarasenko

I just watched his highlights from last season and I'm all in. Not only is he a shoot first guy, he's not coming off career threatening injuries.

Although, he's listed as a Center, most of the goals he's scoring is finishing off nice passes which leads me to believe he'd be a fine winger.

Due to his hockey IQ, consistent drive to the net and silky, shoot first hands--i say he's just what the dr ordered for anyone not named byfield. I'm pretty sure Reinhart could take over 2nd C, or better yet be converted into a wing. Thoughts?
    Last edited by MiketheKing; July 23rd, 2021 at 08:19 AM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1846 Post(s)

Per Spector, the price is a 1st and a prospect.

**** Wingers, he needs to play Center.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1232 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    I just watched his highlights from last season and I'm all in. Not only is he a shoot first guy, he's not coming off career threatening injuries.

Although, he's listed as a Center, most of the goals he's scoring is finishing off nice passes which leads me to believe he'd be a fine winger.

Due to his hockey IQ, consistent drive to the net and silky, shoot first hands--i say he's just what the dr ordered for anyone not named byfield. I'm pretty sure Reinhart could take over 2nd C, or better yet be converted into a wing. Thoughts?
    He'd be a great pickup. Put him at the 2C, Byfield at 3C, JAD at 4C, convert Vilardi, Turcotte...everyone else to a winger.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)

I'd put him on a wing with Kopitar, and I'd put Vilardi on a wing with Byfield.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    I'd put him on a wing with Kopitar, and I'd put Vilardi on a wing with Byfield.
    So he takes Brown's job AND his number? oof. Today might be fun. =)

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

He'd be a great addition but his contract status remains a concern. No reason to bring him over for only 1 - 2 years should it go to arbitration, so it really comes down to if the Kings would be able to come to terms with him prior to the trade. Something tells me he is expected a very sizable pay day.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

It's not so much a choice between Reinhart and the others as a choice of how much you want to pay. Are we paying a little for a bridge player or A LOT for someone who is going to be a big part of the team for a while? Personally, I'd do it. I'm just saying if Blake wants to spend conservatively, then forget it.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1846 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    It's not so much a choice between Reinhart and the others as a choice of how much you want to pay. Are we paying a little for a bridge player or A LOT for someone who is going to be a big part of the team for a while? Personally, I'd do it. I'm just saying if Blake wants to spend conservatively, then forget it.
    Someone else said it elsewhere, they need butts in seats this year. That means they have to win games, not make a free agency. Time to take a step and be in playoff contention. If they don’t, or he tries to be too conservative, they may have to clean house next offseason.

Cleaning house wouldn’t be a bad idea, but only if they went and got somebody from outside the organization. That actually worked. Having the good ole boys running the show hasn’t produced.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Someone else said it elsewhere, they need butts in seats this year. That means they have to win games, not make a free agency. Time to take a step and be in playoff contention. If they donít, or he tries to be too conservative, they may have to clean house next offseason.

Cleaning house wouldnít be a bad idea, but only if they went and got somebody from outside the organization. That actually worked. Having the good ole boys running the show hasnít produced.
    Not disagreeing. I'm fine with what he's done so far to build the pool, but if this year looks like last year then you have to consider that maybe this group was good for building the pool, now we need people who know how to take the next step. Whole other job really. If you can find a way to get Eichel you do it, but I'm sure we're looking more at the likes of Tarasenko. Blake seems to be a conservative guy, don't know if he can make the big, bold move like Dean-o would.

First Kings game 12/30/67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    Not disagreeing. I'm fine with what he's done so far to build the pool, but if this year looks like last year then you have to consider that maybe this group was good for building the pool, now we need people who know how to take the next step. Whole other job really. If you can find a way to get Eichel you do it, but I'm sure we're looking more at the likes of Tarasenko. Blake seems to be a conservative guy, don't know if he can make the big, bold move like Dean-o would.
    Almost every GM that starts a rebuild is not around by the time the team has success.