1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1248 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Excellent! Good for Blake, but let's be frank: This was a no-brainer. In fact, three years would have been better.

So...is this it? Or does Blake have something else up his sleeve?

Looking into my crystal ball, this is the way I see it. There are three possible future scenarios at play here, based on Blake's subsequent moves (or lack thereof):

1.) Status Quo. We go with what we got. We win. We're exciting. Butts in the seats. Blake's a genius. Sanity returns to LGK (yeah, right)
    2.) Blake trades for a big name (Tarasenko). We win. We're exciting. Butts in the seats. Blake's a genius. Sanity returns to LGK (and they buy lots of new jerseys)
    3.) Our team does nothing, duplicating the past four years. We lose. Very few butts in the seats. Blake's a moron. Sanity evades LGK (yet again)

If there's a fourth possible scenario, I'd love to hear what it is.
    Likely 3 this upcoming season...mabye we're lucky and get 1 the season after. My gut tells me 2 doesn't happen.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    773 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Likely 3 this upcoming season...mabye we're lucky and get 1 the season after. My gut tells me 2 doesn't happen.
    Yeah, option 2 seems unlikely after Armstrong's comments earlier this week. Disgruntled employee or not, it sounds like Tarasenko remains a Blue, at least for this season.

That leaves 1 or 3. with option 3 more likely. The real question is will the fans come back? Since Staples opened the Kings have not had any attendance issues, relatively speaking. The Kings have not averaged below 16,000 since the Forum days, but that may very well change.

The economy is still struggling to get back to pre-pandemic levels, COVID issues remain, and the Kings quite frankly have sucked during this lengthy rebuild. I fully expect the Die-hards to be there...I know I'll catch a game or three...but unless the team puts a quality product on the ice, they may be looking at the lowest attendance since Staples opened its doors two decades ago.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    468 Post(s)

Yeah, option 2 seems unlikely after Armstrong's comments earlier this week. Disgruntled employee or not, it sounds like Tarasenko remains a Blue, at least for this season.

That leaves 1 or 3. with option 3 more likely. The real question is will the fans come back? Since Staples opened the Kings have not had any attendance issues, relatively speaking. The Kings have not averaged below 16,000 since the Forum days, but that may very well change.

The economy is still struggling to get back to pre-pandemic levels, COVID issues remain, and the Kings quite frankly have sucked during this lengthy rebuild. I fully expect the Die-hards to be there...I know I'll catch a game or three...but unless the team puts a quality product on the ice, they may be looking at the lowest attendance since Staples opened its doors two decades ago.

VERY interesting bar chart to look at! It's interesting, and not hard to guess why, that during the years 1989-1996, there was a surge in attendance at the Forum. Amazing what one player can do to attendance.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1248 Post(s)

My only concern, and not sure if it's valid given it was during covid, is for the handful of games played at the end of this season as Staples, attendance was very low. I believe that other arenas with similar capacity allowances were getting many more butts in seats. Given the number of calls both me and my daughter have been getting from Kings sales reps, it feels like they are selling well below expectations. My gut tells me that many of the folks that have been hanging on since 2014 will stop showing up.
    Last edited by LAKingSteve; July 25th, 2021 at 09:22 PM.