Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2448 Post(s)

Another interesting, and i guess somewhat expected stat:

23. It’s only two games, but it bears watching: Anze Kopitar’s offensive-zone starting percentage is 64. Last four years, it was 48, 42, 48 and 46. As a team, the Kings have 46 offensive zone faceoffs, 37 neutral-zone and 31 defensive so far, so you expect the numbers to skew that direction. However, opponents watching them can see the plan, the Danault Effect. Per Natural Stat Trick, when Kopitar was on the ice last year, LA’s scoring-chance percentage was 48. If this continues, he’ll be well over it, good news for the Kings and bad news for the rest of the Pacific Division.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...ap-exceptions/

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2448 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    I think that's everyone's real concern here. Term and money aside, this is a great fit. Doe sit accomplish what they want to accomplish? remains to be seen, because on paper, this should allow better matchups, more control of the puck, and more scoring opportunity. How long will he continue to play at this level? We won't know until it happens. If he craters in another year or two, this looks not good. If he slowly declines, this should be fairly good. If he can maintain this level of play at 4 yrs+, i think this winds up being an incredible move for Blake. But we won't have these answers until later. Right now, I like it. But i'm definitely planning to revisit this topic at the end of the coming season.
    This thread has been an absolute joy to revisit...
    Last edited by Helvetica; May 12th, 2022 at 10:31 AM.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    So Blake added two Top 6 players and a top 4 left shot dman and it didn't cost him any of the top prospects. I'd say it's been the best summer of Blake's GM run.

If the Kings stay healthy they should make the playoffs. The team is going to be a lot more fun to watch next season. Not exactly high flying but they're going to win plenty of games.
    How good does this prediction look now? We didn't even stay healthy and STILL exceeded the thinking from last July.

#1 Kings fan In The World
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)

One of the best free agent signings in our existence

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

Thinking about this again and still incredibly grateful he ended up with us.

Can you imagine if he brought the season he had with us to one of the heavily favored teams in the playoffs this year? Some of those teams that were already favored would be juggernauts with his complete game in the mix.