1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1196 Post(s)

Default The Jersey Collection Thread

So @beedee and I were chatting and thought it would be fun to create a thread dedicated to your hockey jersey collections. Doesn't have to be just Kings related. I'll start with mine. Currently up to 33 sweaters including 2 practice jerseys and one "fashion" jersey. You'll notice a handful of duplicates like the current silver and chevy throwback...I'm slowly trying to replace a couple of fanatics versions with adidas versions that were recently showing up in Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx at very low prices. See if you can pick which jersey, there is only one, that is a chinese knockoff.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3965 Post(s)

Don't have nearly that many, still proudest of my kings retro, but as my oddball I also have a Walter Payton that is dear to my heart.

Metal Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

I'm an avid collector of Game Used jersey's. I have approx. 150 of them from every team from different eras. My most recent ones are Brenden Lemieux Kings 90's Heritage Jersey Set 1, and a Matt Roy Reverse Retro GW. I'm on a mission right now trying to get a RR from every team. So far I have a GW RR from the Kings, Jackets, Ducks, Bruins, Flyers and Oilers.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

Wow, um, you win. I can't imagine anyone beating that collection.

I've got a few, but these two are still my favorites:

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1196 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Wow, um, you win. I can't imagine anyone beating that collection.

I've got a few, but these two are still my favorites:

Not sure if it was directed at me or the poster before you that has 150 or so jerseys. In any case, my collection is pretty tame compared to a lot of folks. I'm in a reddit group around jersey collections and there are people with hundreds of jerseys, like so many my wife would divorce me if I tried. For me, I'm just trying to get one of every sweater and upgrade here and there to better quality if I can find it.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)

Lost all my jerseys in a house fire in November 2019. I think i had about 12. My prize piece was my vintage Dionne jersey (original style purple and gold). Was also fond of my old Starter McSorley jersey that I had since high school, which i wore at the 2012 clinching game. Bummed to lose my Kopitar 2012 and Doughty 2014 Finals patch jerseys. I can't see myself ever getting back into Jersey collecting until the Kings put a Stanley Cup champion team back on the ice. It's just not my thing anymore. Thankfully I didn't lose much in the way of items with real sentimental value. The jerseys were probably the only thing. Now losing my telescopes to a house thief a week after the fire really hurt.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1470 Post(s)

I only have around 12, here are some terrible pictures of them that I just snapped.

Jeff Carter, Reebok, Team LA Store

Jonathan Quick, Reebok, Team LA Store

Blank, CCM, Discount Hockey, Woodland Hills

Blank, CCM, Ebay

Blank, CCM, Ebay

Blank, CCM, purchased in 1996 at the Culver City Ice Rink Pro Shop

Blank, Pro-Player, Ebay

Blank, Reebok, Marshalls

Blank, Reebok, Sports Authority (with a bunch of 2012 autographs on the back)

Willie Mitchell, Reebok, Hockey Monkey (signed by him with a cute note for my wife)

Blank, Adidas, Ross

Blank, Bauer, purchased from my neighbor back in the day that worked for the LB Ice Dogs.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Not sure if it was directed at me or the poster before you that has 150 or so jerseys. In any case, my collection is pretty tame compared to a lot of folks. I'm in a reddit group around jersey collections and there are people with hundreds of jerseys, like so many my wife would divorce me if I tried. For me, I'm just trying to get one of every sweater and upgrade here and there to better quality if I can find it.
    Yeah, it was your collection I was referring to...very impressive!

150 Kings jerseys! Wow! That would have expedited my divorce...but ironically enough, most of my Kings jerseys were Christmas or birthday gifts from the wife. Wherever I go, I usually wear a Kings jersey. It's kinda my thing...although sometimes I'll wear a Rams shirt or a Rog/Pink Floyd shirt to mix things up...but usually it's the Kings. Pretty much everywhere but church.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1196 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    I only have around 12, here are some terrible pictures of them that I just snapped.

Jeff Carter, Reebok, Team LA Store

Jonathan Quick, Reebok, Team LA Store

Blank, CCM, Discount Hockey, Woodland Hills

Blank, CCM, Ebay

Blank, CCM, Ebay

Blank, CCM, purchased in 1996 at the Culver City Ice Rink Pro Shop

Blank, Pro-Player, Ebay

Blank, Reebok, Marshalls

Blank, Reebok, Sports Authority (with a bunch of 2012 autographs on the back)

Willie Mitchell, Reebok, Hockey Monkey (signed by him with a cute note for my wife)

Blank, Adidas, Ross

Blank, Bauer, purchased from my neighbor back in the day that worked for the LB Ice Dogs.
    Very nice! Love the Ice Dogs one as well.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1196 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Yeah, it was your collection I was referring to...very impressive!

150 Kings jerseys! Wow! That would have expedited my divorce...but ironically enough, most of my Kings jerseys were Christmas or birthday gifts from the wife. Wherever I go, I usually wear a Kings jersey. It's kinda my thing...although sometimes I'll wear a Rams shirt or a Rog/Pink Floyd shirt to mix things up...but usually it's the Kings. Pretty much everywhere but church.
    Unfortunately, just too hot to wear one right now in So Cal when outside. But yeah, I generally wear one every day since I work from home. I was lucky to find a lot of mine via ebay, FB marketplace and offer up, generally $50 or less. For some reason, people really don't want much for their Kings jerseys when the team sucks.