I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3816 Post(s)

Default This is going to be a boring couple of months

No significant trades or acquisitions or much of anything happening at all. I'm now ready for hockey season.

Anyway, at least one tidbit: here's Chromiak (remember him?) putting up 4G and 3A in Slovakia's blowout of Denmark in the U20 tournament.

https://twitter.com/MatoDeraj/status...42233126952962

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

It's always like this just after UFA day....the only difference is that it is shorter this season than normal.

jom

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)

Look on the bright side. You still have the Clague, Strand, Moverare and Burke signing announcements to look forward to. I also wouldn't be shocked if a Petersen extension is announced soon since he's an upcoming UFA.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4640 Post(s)

I dunno if it will be that boring. Development camp and rookie camp should be very competitive this year and worth following. I see at least 4 roster spots up for grabs. Would love to see Kupari make opening day at RW2 with Danault and Kempe.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    I dunno if it will be that boring. Development camp and rookie camp should be very competitive this year and worth following. I see at least 4 roster spots up for grabs. Would love to see Kupari make opening day at RW2 with Danault and Kempe.
    Kupari or maybe Tkachev. Want to see speedy wings with Danault. Kempe is the logical choice on the other wing.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

Which prospects do you all feel have a realistic shot at making the day 1 roster - Byfield, Kupari, Kaliyev, Tkachyov, any others? Thinking realistically we see a max of 3?

Would be great to see Kaliyev lined up next to Kopitar and Kupari with Danault next season - almost the perfect time to bring both up.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    Which prospects do you all feel have a realistic shot at making the day 1 roster - Byfield, Kupari, Kaliyev, Tkachyov, any others? Thinking realistically we see a max of 3?

Would be great to see Kaliyev lined up next to Kopitar and Kupari with Danault next season - almost the perfect time to bring both up.
    Because Byfield is now eligible for the AHL next season due to the rule change, I think they start him there and he'll have to play his way into a call up, which he may very well do.

Andersson is not waiver exempt, so I think he is starts with the Kings. Generally, I think the Kings are going to go with proven NHL players. That's why Danault and Edler were signed, and AA was re-signed. They want to make the playoffs. Tkachev is 25, so he's not really a prospect. Seems like he and Kupari have the best chances. Had Akil Thomas not needed surgery, I think he had a shot. But when he gets back, he'll be in Ontario.

Hoven suggested that maybe JAD starts in the AHL since he's still waiver exempt, but I don't see that. He's an NHL player.

I'd like to see Clague over Maatta as the 7th d-man. We don't have enough offensively gifted d-men and even though Clague isn't great defensively, the fact that he has some offensive skill and can play both sides makes him a good option in that limited role.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2076 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    I'd like to see Clague over Maatta as the 7th d-man. We don't have enough offensively gifted d-men and even though Clague isn't great defensively, the fact that he has some offensive skill and can play both sides makes him a good option in that limited role.
    This seems like Clague's time to shine. If he cant earn a spot this year he's going to get passed by.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)

Now begins the Delta variant watch to see if there's going to be a normal season.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2453 Post(s)

As mentioned before, I would like to see all the newer prospects spend a full year in the AHL to develop. With this season as another developing year there is no need to throw them to the Wolves. There is zero hurry, let's see how they do in the AHL and hopefully being able to play a full season. With the Delta and soon to be United then Southwest variants coming who knows what will happen? I'm more worried about the Frontier variant.