Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Evander Kane Bet on NHL Games?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    The Kings lost like 5 outta 6 games against these Sharks last season.

And it's even possible that one of the players tried to throw the game for the Sharks.
    Now I am even more depressed, haha.
    This goes back farther.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    The Kings lost like 5 outta 6 games against these Sharks last season.

And it's even possible that one of the players tried to throw the game for the Sharks.

Now I am even more depressed, haha.
    No one in their right mind (even an addict) would bet on the Kings so why throw the game?

jom

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)

Yeah I don't see how a skater can really throw a game, a D man might let a guy be more open but you're still relying on the other team to get them a puck. There is no point shaving equivalent unless places were betting on Corsi? Which would be idiotic. Let's face it the only way is to suck and a coach will bench you for that, which doesn't keep you in control of the outcome.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2484 Post(s)

I don't believe he bet on his or any NHL games, however I bet this is one messy divorce.

The Working Man
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PTDP View Post
    This goes back farther.
    I'm pretty sure ever since the Kings pulled the reverse sweep the Guppies have played every game against the Kings as if it was game 7 2014 all over again. They've owned us.

I may be in the minority but when Jones was bought out I was actually relieved. His numbers against us were unreal!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

I'm not a big gambler, but if I was, my money would be on Crazy Vindictive Ex-Wife, of which I'm a bit of an authority, I'm sorry to say. I'm not saying Kane didn't bet on games, but throwing hockey games, especially as a hockey forward, seems rather difficult. Now if you were a starting pitcher in Major League Baseball, a quarterback in the NFL or a goalie in the NHL, that may be a different story because you have the ability to control the game a bit more. I'm not buying her story.

Kinda reminds me of the Trevor Bauer situation: The public has been so quick to bury Trevor Bauer, but I actually believe he's a victim here Yeah he may be a bit of a kinky freak, but what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is their own business, and I'm not so quick play judge, jury and executioner. And quite frankly this chick sounds like she has a few screws loose. I'd be willing to bet she set Bauer up. If those text messages are legit, if nothing else it shows she's a predator with bad intentions. And Bauer is only guilty of stupidity and putting himself in that situation.

Whatever happens, Kane's life has changed permanently. And how does a person accumulate $27,000,000.00 of debt? Who does he think he is, Nicolas Cage? (Cage reportedly owned 15 homes around the world including property in Las Vegas, Rhode Island and New Orleans, not to mention a $25,000,000.00 mansion in Newport Beach, in addition to a private island in the Bahamas and a $10,000,000.00 castle in Europe).

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

I hadn't read a lot about Kane's ex-wife, but the more I read, the less likely it appears Kane bet on games.

Anna Kane states she was forced to sell her wedding ring to feed her child, that Kane didn't giver her enough money for baby formula. She went too far and lost her credibility with that one. That would put Evander Kane right up there with Adolph Hitler, Uday Hussein and Hannibal Lector.

Sorry, ain't buying it.

I don't know Kane personally, but I find it difficult to believe that he'd let his child starve. This one appears to fall into the Psycho Ex Wife category.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)

The athletic has sources that say they don't want Kane as a teammate anymore. That's a heck of a story to break on a more legitimate journalism site. Kurz has it as "several" and I'm sure there's always teammates that dont get along but wowser. He's definitely got a tornado of turds swirling around him.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    The athletic has sources that say they don't want Kane as a teammate anymore. That's a heck of a story to break on a more legitimate journalism site. Kurz has it as "several" and I'm sure there's always teammates that dont get along but wowser. He's definitely got a tornado of turds swirling around him.
    Word is Sharks tried to dump him early this summer too.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-rumors-...162635993.html

This guys track record is "stellar"........Where there's smoke there is fire..........or take the easy route and blame the ex wife.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    A similar situation happened in Winnipeg with Dustin Byfuglien...I think. Not sure whether any of this is real but we'll see.

I don't care to speculate (and that's what this is) about what Kane or his wife did or didn't do. One is innocent until proven guilty the last I checked. I prefer to see what gets disclosed eventually before any kind of comment.

jom
    Last edited by jom; August 3rd, 2021 at 11:07 AM.