Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Evander Kane Bet on NHL Games?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

He probably bet ON the Sharks hence his bounceback season lol.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Word is Sharks tried to dump him early this summer too.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-rumors-...162635993.html

This guys track record is "stellar"........Where there's smoke there is fire..........or take the easy route and blame the ex wife.
    Sorry, but gambler or not, I don't buy the 'he let his child starve' bit...I can smell that BS from here...but obviously he has some serious gambling issues. Addictions have killed many professional athletes careers, be it drug addiction (Steve Howe, Darryl Strawberry, Lawrence Taylor, Josh Hamilton) or gambling addiction (Pete Rose, John Daly, Lenny Dykstra, Michael Vick) their lack of self-control is mind-boggling.

Being at the top of he world, making millions playing a game you love, and blowing everything because you cannot control your urges. Very sad.

Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    The athletic has sources that say they don't want Kane as a teammate anymore. That's a heck of a story to break on a more legitimate journalism site. Kurz has it as "several" and I'm sure there's always teammates that dont get along but wowser. He's definitely got a tornado of turds swirling around him.
    Ok yes the Athletic is a more legitimate news source, but they still need revenue and readers to click their story to make money if I am correct. Funny how they "broke" this story right after his messy divorce story hit the headlines.

and full disclosure I am not a fan of the media (print, online or TV) so yes I am biased on whatever they choose to write about and/or the timing of their stories........
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SloMo26 View Post
    Ok yes the Athletic is a more legitimate news source, but they still need revenue and readers to click their story to make money if I am correct. Funny how they "broke" this story right after his messy divorce story hit the headlines.

and full disclosure I am not a fan of the media (print, online or TV) so yes I am biased on whatever they choose to write about and/or the timing of their stories........
    Well warranted skepticism, maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. Usually it's local media that's going to run a hit piece. More national based orgs can't risk burning those bridges... But if it's ok with the org they aren't doing themselves any favors to be able to move him.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Addiction is addiction is addiction. Here's hoping he asks for help. Regardless of what happens in his career. As far as his teammates, hmmmm, sounds like Evander gave them a reason that an unpopular teammate can logically be ostracized for, shame really.

Not going to pile on but if there is a clever way of phrasing he's going to be traded to Vegas and these guys meet him at the airport:

I'm here for it.

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    927 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    A similar situation happened in Winnipeg with Dustin Byfuglien...I think. Not sure whether any of this is real but we'll see.
    Says it all right here. Kane has seemed real scummy for years, his reputation ain't getting any better.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1612 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Sorry, but gambler or not, I don't buy the 'he let his child starve' bit...I can smell that BS from here...but obviously he has some serious gambling issues. Addictions have killed many professional athletes careers, be it drug addiction (Steve Howe, Darryl Strawberry, Lawrence Taylor, Josh Hamilton) or gambling addiction (Pete Rose, John Daly, Lenny Dykstra, Michael Vick) their lack of self-control is mind-boggling.

Being at the top of he world, making millions playing a game you love, and blowing everything because you cannot control your urges. Very sad.
    I think we need to wait and see what the facts are. But I would not be so quick to dismiss Anna as a vindictive ex. She's basically torpedoing his career and in turn her potential child support. So she's got to be extremely aggrieved.

The thing about Kane is he already has a laundry list of past court cases showing potential questionable decision making. I think he has been the defendant in 5 court proceedings.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

One is innocent until proven guilty the last I checked.

jom

Unfortunately, its the other way around.

But yeah, I understand what you are saying.
    But I think Kane had gambling rumors back in the days as a Thrasher and a Jet.
    Now what he was gambling on, I don't know.

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1771 Post(s)

One is innocent until proven guilty the last I checked.
    You know that's just in court, right? We all get to come to our own conclusions outside of court. For example, OJ was proven not guilty in criminal court, yet I'm 100% sure he's guilty of murder.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    You know that's just in court, right? We all get to come to our own conclusions outside of court. For example, OJ was proven not guilty in criminal court, yet I'm 100% sure he's guilty of murder.
    I'm just tired of having people vilified before any kind of inquiry. I'm NOT defending the guy. Frankly, if he did bet on his own team or even NHL games he's a GONER as far as I'm concerned. You do have a right to your opinion (so do I) I just choose not to criminalize Kane before we know a great deal more than we do now. I don't know what Kane bet on and neither does anyone else here.

As to OJ, I agree with your sentiment but there were a lot of factors there...including the stupidity of the prosecution. Again, you and I can have that opinion but OJ is "innocent" of the charges....unfortunately. It's better to let a guilty person go than an innocent one being put in jail.

jom