Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2209 Post(s)

Default Rookie Game GDT?

anybody planning to watch the stream (or attend the game) today?

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3526 Post(s)

I have just entered Arizona on my drive to the Ice Den. I will give live updates in this thread later on today

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3940 Post(s)

There's a stream?? I could only find the stream for the game vs. Yotes tomorrow night

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2209 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    There's a stream?? I could only find the stream for the game vs. Yotes tomorrow night
    strangely, i read a post on LAKInsider that listed a link to the yotes page with stream links for the games. Now it has a link to the Kings page but the link isnt working correctly. I may have been bamboozled into thinking we could watch this game tonight. Going to be somewhat disappointed if that's the case as i were looking forward to seeing the rooks play. Im still searching, but if anybody finds a link please post.

Here's the LAKI post with the link about halfway down the thread. https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/need-...ff/c-326177002 (again, currently somewhat broken for me)

Ha! ...and this link with another different broken link: https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-ki...ff/c-326145978

Get your **** together kings
    Last edited by Helvetica; September 17th, 2021 at 11:08 AM.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3526 Post(s)

The streams only work in the home market. So, if you do not live in SoCal it is not going to work for you. At least that is what I read. But, today's game is supposed to be streamed.

I just passed a dead coyote on the road. It must be a sign from God.
    Last edited by Nyssa42; September 17th, 2021 at 11:34 AM.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2209 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    The streams only work in the home market. So, if you do not live in SoCal it is not going to work for you. At least that is what I read. But, today's game is supposed to be streamed.

I just passed a dead coyote on the road. It must be a sign from God.
    the first link is just straight broken. Second link also leads to a broken page. I did see that the streams are in market only, but neither of these look properly functioning. Originally, LAKI linked to the coyotes page for streams, they must have changed that.

Also, you sure you didnt run that coyote over yourself? ;P

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3940 Post(s)

I'm in LA, and it is supposed to be streamed, but the entire lakings.com/streams page is down.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    887 Post(s)

Hey, since were typing about streaming I have a quick question: Which app should I purchase for the Kings (all NHL) games this year? The path of least resistance is the goal.

Caveat: Not tech savvy(any mention of VPN and I'm out) absolutely capable but kind of unwilling. Cord cutter (2015) and indifferent to any other sport. Tried Sling, don't want a package of stuff wont watch and tried Hulu live (the delay in the feed was, noticeable but not horrible)meh.

A gentleman of the board once sent me a link to a game watch when it was out of market in a Karma comment but I got scared/stranger danger (no offence sir) and did not try it.

Thanks! Heart eyes emoji, the board weirdo.

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3940 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Hey, since were typing about streaming I have a quick question: Which app should I purchase for the Kings (all NHL) games this year? The path of least resistance is the goal.

Caveat: Not tech savvy(any mention of VPN and I'm out) absolutely capable but kind of unwilling. Cord cutter (2015) and indifferent to any other sport. Tried Sling, don't want a package of stuff wont watch and tried Hulu live (the delay in the feed was, noticeable but not horrible)meh.

A gentleman of the board once sent me a link to a game watch when it was out of market in a Karma comment but I got scared/stranger danger (no offence sir) and did not try it.

Thanks! Heart eyes emoji, the board weirdo.
    You're in LA, right? You're screwed. All Kings games will be blacked out on NHL center ice, or whatever it is called. Had it last season, couldn't watch the Kings. Fubo is another that carries NHL games, but they don't carry Bally, only national networks and I'm willing to bet also black out games. Ditto for any other legit network - blackouts, and you can't get games on Bally Sports without a cable subscription at all unless you get DirecTV streaming, which I think is $85, so kinda defeats the purpose of cord cutting. I use my Mom's cable subscription to stream games via the Bally app.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    887 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    You're in LA, right? You're screwed. All Kings games will be blacked out on NHL center ice, or whatever it is called. Had it last season, couldn't watch the Kings. Fubo is another that carries NHL games, but they don't carry Bally, only national networks and I'm willing to bet also black out games. Ditto for any other legit network - blackouts, and you can't get games on Bally Sports without a cable subscription at all unless you get DirecTV streaming, which I think is $85, so kinda defeats the purpose of cord cutting. I use my Mom's cable subscription to stream games via the Bally app.
    Feck all. I had no idea. This seems like a super dumb question but here I am, feck, if the game is blacked out both teams streams cannot be watched (Kings v. Kracken), correct? Even as I type it I know it true.

Okay, I have a (former) stepmom that will let me use her cable subscription- she's an anti-vaxxer & I just am at my limit of the microchip convo- bu that seems like such a hassle.

Cripes, maybe watching every team but the Kings wont be that bad. =(