O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)

Default Kings @ Kraken -- Sat 1/15

A friend of mine just mentioned that he's planning a trip up to see the Kings first game visiting the Kraken and I can't believe I hadn't even thought of that idea until tonight when he said it.

The game is on a Saturday, so it lends itself very nicely to a quick weekend trip and Seattle is a great town for a mini vacation.

Anyone from LGK have any plans to go up and see the new franchise this year?

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    A friend of mine just mentioned that he's planning a trip up to see the Kings first game visiting the Kraken and I can't believe I hadn't even thought of that idea until tonight when he said it.

The game is on a Saturday, so it lends itself very nicely to a quick weekend trip and Seattle is a great town for a mini vacation.
    Used to be a great town. It's now an unsafe quagmire. Even Pioneer Square has stores whose employees won't come into work because it's so unsafe.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)

Actually yes. I live near Salem, OR and wanted to get up there at some point, so my wife and I can be that weird couple rooting for 2 different teams. What would be ideal... is that we're seeing Marriage of Figaro up there in May, so a little Kings/Kraken playoffs during that week would be perfect

As for what aragorn said... Seattle's always been dicey. Though any big town always has been. I mostly just dislike driving there, though I used to drive a manual and those inclines are killer. I think it's plenty safe to visit for a sporting event, just maybe don't hang under dark bridges at night. If you've never been, and everything hasn't totally changed from a few years ago, you can get around pretty damn well with public transportation, though I imagine a giant stadium being built has changed things a bit.
    Last edited by KOPI! PEVS!; September 19th, 2021 at 07:42 AM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1230 Post(s)

we are thinking about it, game ticket prices are pretty high from what I've heard though I've yet to do my own research.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    563 Post(s)

If you can't get a ticket to the game, just stay home and order calamari delivered.

Why go out to watch squid when you can eat it at home?

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Used to be a great town. It's now an unsafe quagmire. Even Pioneer Square has stores whose employees won't come into work because it's so unsafe.
    You understand where the Kings two arenas have been for the entirety of the franchise right?

Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    You understand where the Kings two arenas have been for the entirety of the franchise right?
    You act like you didnt appreciate the valet parking along Prarie Ave.........
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    552 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    Back in the late 90's - early 2000's I used to take 2 buses from Koreatown to La Brea & Manchester & then walk the almost 1 mile to the Forum. Then when Staples opened I took the train into Downtown LA & occasionally rode a bike to games. I never got robbed, mugged, or had anything else bad happen to me. I'm sure being over 6 ft 200 lbs helped but I also acted like I belonged there. I don't mean to dismiss people's fear of crime in big cities. Crime does happen. But it shouldn't keep people from going to games.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    I don't mean to dismiss people's fear of crime in big cities. Crime does happen. But it shouldn't keep people from going to games.
    I live in Orange County and have taken the Blue Line from Long Beach frequently since way back and only really felt uncomfortable a couple times in all the years. One time after a game I mistakenly got on the Expo line and ended up in Culver City because I was zoning out staring at my phone the whole trip. By the time I backtracked to Pico and got on the Blue Line south it was really late and a lot sketchier than the usual post-game crowd. There were people on the train that late looking to make trouble happen, but that was honestly the only time I was ever genuinely nervous.

I'm not worried about downtown Seattle.

Hobo with a slapshot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

My cousin in Seattle won’t leave the house cuz his friend went to Pioneer square & became dead.
    His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding.
    So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied