Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do we know if any Kings players are not vaccinated?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    Pretty loaded statement that you can't stand Kaepernick to be followed up with... anyway, let's keep politics out of this place. Had you just posted everything minus that bit, I'd probably be like yeah, he's right, but instead I have to try (and fail) to not comment on the fact that you say HE came along and CHANGED everything. The world was perfect when systemic racism was completely ignored by the sports world and then this guy comes along and now we have to hear about it. Can't I just live in my privileged world and pretend everything is perfect... Damn Kaepernick! And yes, God bless the billionaire class of NFL owners who have the moral fiber to stop him pursuing his career and standing up for what he believes in.

ANYWAY, let's try to keep politics out of LGK?
    I knew I should have stayed out of this thread. I haven't been posting here lately because it's become such a toxic environment. This is why I avoid social media. It just makes me aware how much hate there is in this world. More than I could possible fathom.

Reading comprehension is a good thing. Read C A R E F U L L Y...

...I wrote that I enjoy sports because it's my refuge away from politics. Mr. Kaepernick taking a knew created a divisiveness unlike anything I had ever seen before at a sporting event. Now, read C A R E F U L L Y again: I wrote:

"Right or wrong, he's bad news." Get it? You probably don't. Like talking to a wall. I actually AGREE with most of his views on police brutality. I've had my ass kicked more than once by psycho cops, and even though there are a lot of good cops...and I have friends that are policemen...there are others that abuse their power.

What I disagree with is Mr. Kaepernick doing this during a sporting event. I am adamantly opposed to that. So much for the refuge away from all the political BS. If Mr. Kaepernick is your personal hero, well, good for you. I can't stand him for what he did to my sports, or rather tried to do. But it was always about HIM. Period. He wanted to be the poster boy for SJW's, and he certainly achieved that goal. And how much money did Nike pay him? Terms were never disclosed, but it was rumored to be about $100 mil. And Nike’s stock reportedly rose over 18% since the announcement of the Kaepernick deal, adding $26.2 billion to the Nike coffers and increasing its value at nearly $146 billion.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/nike...k-endorsement/

Okie doke...I'm done here. maybe I'll post again when the season starts, but once something becomes this unpleasant, I'll find other things to do. But LGK has become just like the rest of social media: Everyone fighting with each other. This is why I stopped watching the news. Too depressing. Too negative. Life is WAY too short for this political BS.

Have fun hating each other!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    I knew I should have stayed out of this thread. I haven't been posting here lately because it's become such a toxic environment. This is why I avoid social media. It just makes me aware how much hate there is in this world. More than I could possible fathom.

...I wrote that I enjoy sports because it's my refuge away from politics. Mr. Kaepernick taking a knew created a divisiveness unlike anything I had ever seen before at a sporting event. Now, read C A R E F U L L Y again: I wrote:

"Right or wrong, he's bad news." Get it? You probably don't. Like talking to a wall. I actually AGREE with most of his views on police brutality. I've had my ass kicked more than once by psycho cops, and even though there are a lot of good cops...and I have friends that are policemen...there are others that abuse their power.

What I disagree with is Mr. Kaepernick doing this during a sporting event. I am adamantly opposed to that. So much for the refuge away from all the political BS. If Mr. Kaepernick is your personal hero, well, good for you. I can't stand him for what he did to my sports, or rather tried to do. But it was always about HIM. Period. He wanted to be the poster boy for SJW's, and he certainly achieved that goal. And how much money did Nike pay him? Terms were never disclosed, but it was rumored to be about $100 mil. And Nike’s stock reportedly rose over 18% since the announcement of the Kaepernick deal, adding $26.2 billion to the Nike coffers and increasing its value at nearly $146 billion.

Okie doke...I'm done here. maybe I'll post again when the season starts, but once something becomes this unpleasant, I'll find other things to do. But LGK has become just like the rest of social media: Everyone fighting with each other. This is why I stopped watching the news. Too depressing. Too negative. Life is WAY too short for this political BS.

Simply stating the obvious - if you want politics out of LGK, then you can't very well post that.... with a political opinion.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1230 Post(s)

One person with 30 posts since 2014 got the ball rolling here. Still a lot of good folks here, just make liberal use of the "add to ignore list" function and you'll be just fine.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    563 Post(s)

I've pulled back from most social media, because I think by its very nature, it either brings out the worst in people, or just amplifies the worst people. (Take your pick.) But I think posters on LGK overall do a pretty good job of minimizing that, which is why I still post here. It's actually pretty easy to keep posts hockey related and leave the other stuff out. I got caught up in another thread with someone posting what I thought was nonsense and the mods ended up deleting all the posts involved. It was probably the right way to go.

It's not like there aren't thousands of political, COVID, etc., websites out there if you want to have that discussion.

Let's just keep it to hockey here. Highlight what we have in common (a love for the Kings) and put aside what divides us.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

When I saw this thread title, I knew it was a 100% chance this would devolve into a political pissing contest.

One of the reasons I enjoy watching sporting events so much is because it's a safe refuge away from the world of politics, which seems to be crammed down our throats more and more with each passing day.

Then, of course, Colin Kaepernick came along and changed everything. This is one of the reasons why I can't stand the guy. And like a cold slap in the face, somehow, someway, the first LA Rams game I attended after the team relocated back to Los Angeles was none other than the Colin Kaepernick Game on Christmas Eve 2016 when he single handedly beat the Rams on the last play of the game. I was sitting in a section surrounded by San Francisco fans. I think my wife and I were the only Rams fans in the area. To make matters worse, we took public transportation and the bus was filled with 49ers fans chanting "Beat LA" all the way back to Union Station. I felt like I died and went to Hell.

Anyway, let's try to keep politics out of LGK. There is a time and place for political debates, and the football field, the baseball diamond, and the hockey rink...and this forum...are not an appropriate venue.

As for Mr. Kaepernick, thank God the NFL owners had the good sense to keep him out of the league. Right or wrong, he's bad news. And the divisiveness he created is bad for the entire sporting world.
    Yes. Let's keep politics out of sporting events where the national anthem is now legally required before every professional game in the state of Texas. Where military and police officers (and the occasional firefighter) are given a starring role and standing ovation at every home game. Where the song God Bless America is played at every Yankees game. There's one hundred other political moments and actions that are embraced or perpetuated by the teams and fans involved with the games that I could keep rattling on but I won't. I just hope you're as fed up with all these overt political acts just the same and I'm sure you've been vocally opposed to keeping politics out of the sports and the communities every time those things happened before some guy in San Fransisco decided to make sports political.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    Yes. Let's keep politics out of sporting events where the national anthem is now legally required before every professional game in the state of Texas. Where military and police officers (and the occasional firefighter) are given a starring role and standing ovation at every home game. Where the song God Bless America is played at every Yankees game. There's one hundred other political moments and actions that are embraced or perpetuated by the teams and fans involved with the games that I could keep rattling on but I won't. I just hope you're as fed up with all these overt political acts just the same and I'm sure you've been vocally opposed to keeping politics out of the sports and the communities every time those things happened before some guy in San Fransisco decided to make sports political.
    Wow, I had a lot of respect for you before this post.

LGK Agitator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patton View Post
    Wow, I had a lot of respect for you before this post.
    Are you averse to the facts he stated?

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    563 Post(s)

Thread is closed since it strayed from the original question.

Ugh.