Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: ***Vegas Golden Knights vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 10/14/21 7:30pm on BSW***

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3519 Post(s)

I just held up the "glow/light stick" thing we got last night in front of my 3 month old granddaughter, and when I turned it on, she laughed and laughed. It's the first time I've ever heard her laugh, so thanks, Kings! That was awesome!!
    Last edited by Nyssa42; October 15th, 2021 at 04:26 PM.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

Don't call it a comeback.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 33isgod View Post
    Hello everyone. I don't remember how long its been but I probably took a decade long hiatus from the site. I was 18 when I signed up and damnit, i'm 36 years old now. I had the itch to come back but happy to virtually mingle amongst you guys. I've been living in Vegas for the last 2.5 years now and I abhor VGK.

Good luck this season guys!
    NEIL?!?!? We've MISSED you!

j/k - welcome back 33.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3519 Post(s)

If you want a smile - here's a VGK fan perspective on last night's game. I came across this in one of the facebook groups I am in.

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/vega...yHB-AkUXC4E27U

Here's my favorite part:

L.A.’s 6 unanswered goals were a first in VGK franchise history. They also gave up 47 shots, the most since Colorado’s 39 shots last season. The most shots Vegas has ever given up in a game were 49, but you have to go all the way back to October 21, 2017, in a game against the St. Louis Blues that Vegas won 3-2 in OT on a goal by William Karlsson. St. Louis tied that game with just 5:08 remaining with a goal by Alex Pietrangelo. Funny how things come full circle.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

As much fun as that game was to see the old guys wake up from their pre-season slumber, I thought the most exciting thing was watching the Tkachev – Vilardi – Kaliyev line. They just look so completely un-Kings like with creativity and energy.

And the whole concept of not having Kopi take every single big defensive start is just a completely new identity for this team.

The era of Terry Murray and Sutter hockey is definitely over.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)

I see a lot of people commenting that VGK didnt show up to play, but that ignores the fact that they scored the first goal, and that they mounted a bit of a resurgence in the 2nd to try and get things going. And the Kings shut that **** down. If vegas had looked slow, or just were simply bumbling their passes all night, then yeah... sure. But the Kings were putting on heavy pressure in all three zones, and i think you have to give credit where credit is due. Kings took it to vegas last night. They didn't just get a team sleepwalking through the game. And most of the Kings goals were a result of execution, not fortuitous bounces and traffic.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1248 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    If you want a smile - here's a VGK fan perspective on last night's game. I came across this in one of the facebook groups I am in.

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/vega...yHB-AkUXC4E27U

Here's my favorite part:

L.A.’s 6 unanswered goals were a first in VGK franchise history. They also gave up 47 shots, the most since Colorado’s 39 shots last season. The most shots Vegas has ever given up in a game were 49, but you have to go all the way back to October 21, 2017, in a game against the St. Louis Blues that Vegas won 3-2 in OT on a goal by William Karlsson. St. Louis tied that game with just 5:08 remaining with a goal by Alex Pietrangelo. Funny how things come full circle.
    Dude loses credibility when he feels the need to throw in something Kings related in the 3 stars
    "My 3 Stars of The Game: Anze Kopitar (3G, 2A), Drew Doughty (1G, 3A), the VGK Kid Line (the only bright spot of the night for Vegas)."