Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 191

Thread: ***Toronto Maple Leafs vs. LA Kings GDT 11/24/21 7:00pm on TNT***

  1. #181
    2 Late to Change My Name
    HeadInjury's Avatar
    Karma: 2556862
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    Yup. My main problem with TM has been his forward line combinations. He stumbles on a line that works well and then breaks it up.

    I've been advocating reuniting Grundstrom-JAD-Moore since last season. And Kempe-Danault-Iafallo was a coach's dream second line.

    With the exception of Brown, why has it always been so difficult to find guys to play with Kopitar?
    I really don't understand why JAD is still in Ontario. He played well here last season. Excluding the vets (Frk/Tynan), he has the most points of any forward down there.

    We should be shuffling players up and down in 10 games stretches and see which ones produce the best. Neither Kupari or Kaliyev have done anything here that makes it impossible to send them down.

    Regarding other posts about scoring from D-men, Brandt Clarke will be a welcome addition next season.

  2. #182
    All Star
    Helvetica's Avatar
    Karma: 2024166984
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,328
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2291 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    With the exception of Brown, why has it always been so difficult to find guys to play with Kopitar?
    Williams too... and Iaffalo.

    If i had to wager a guess, id say it's because his whole game is predicated on a slow, possession, grinding type style. He's not fast enough to join the rush on the first wave generally. He seemingly needs guys that are extremely good in the trenches. Guys that can battle in front of the net, and that can win a bunch of slogging play below the goal line and in the corners. His line has always felt like a high end 3rd line.

  3. #183
    All Star
    Helvetica's Avatar
    Karma: 2024166984
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,328
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2291 Post(s)

    Default

    looking back at some of the stats, the Kings got completely blown out at the faceoff dots, with only Danault posting a positive rate at 60%. Possession numbers were also pretty bad across the board. The Danault line wasn't great, but they at least kept pucks out of their net. The other three forward lines got destroyed. Kings basically conceded the puck all night long, and then spent their entire shifts chasing. I thought Kopitar looked especially bad last night, at least by his standards. He got beat on the first goal. And he got embarrassed on the Tavares goal as well. And he was pretty bad on faceoffs at 40%, and he took a team high 20 faceoffs, with over 60% of those coming in the offensive zone. So any offensive chances you would have hoped to have had evaporated right away.

  4. #184
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 2117635236
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,147
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4074 Post(s)

    Default

    Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the first goals would be scored by Kerfoot or Arvidsson :

    Arvidsson
    Kurisu
    Dr. Tran
    notbob
    kopinator
    AngelEyes
    John a90
    pray4mojo
    randdog
    Greg33

    Happy for Durzi to get on the board, but other than that it was a terrible game for the kings. That was the worst Kopitar has looked in a long time and Danault wasn't looking much better in his assignments. It doesn't bode well when your top centers would be three and four on the other team.

    Happy Thanksgiving and I hope everyone enjoys the holiday

  5. #185
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 2117635236
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,147
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4074 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg33 View Post
    Time for another round of healthy scratches and AHL call-ups or demotions.

    Call up JAD.

    Put Grundstrom/JAD/Moore back together from last season and as someone else mentioned earlier, put Iafallo/Danault/Kempe back together. That one's a n0-brainer

    Send a message? No, make a statement.

    Put Lemieux up with Kopitar.
    Honestly Lemieux should work well with Kopitar, he should try it

  6. #186
    Classic player
    VCRW's Avatar
    Karma: 1077547763
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    17,688
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4865 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Williams too... and Iaffalo.

    If i had to wager a guess, id say it's because his whole game is predicated on a slow, possession, grinding type style. He's not fast enough to join the rush on the first wave generally. He seemingly needs guys that are extremely good in the trenches. Guys that can battle in front of the net, and that can win a bunch of slogging play below the goal line and in the corners. His line has always felt like a high end 3rd line.
    ...and Gaborik for a season. But for every 1 that has succeeded with Anze, doesn't it seem as though there were so many more who did not?

    Last night 33 and 9 were showing some pace and chemistry at the start of the game, but Kopi seemed the odd man out. It's a bad use of personnel to ask Kempe and Arvidsson to slow down their game and become muckers. I would like to see Kempe and Danault back together with Arvidsson at RW2. Maybe Frk would make sense at RW1 and put Iafallo back at LW1.

  7. #187
    All Star
    Helvetica's Avatar
    Karma: 2024166984
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,328
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2291 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    ...and Gaborik for a season. But for every 1 that has succeeded with Anze, doesn't it seem as though there were so many more who did not?

    Last night 33 and 9 were showing some pace and chemistry at the start of the game, but Kopi seemed the odd man out. It's a bad use of personnel to ask Kempe and Arvidsson to slow down their game and become muckers. I would like to see Kempe and Danault back together with Arvidsson at RW2. Maybe Frk would make sense at RW1 and put Iafallo back at LW1.
    I do agree, Kopitar seems like he's probably less easy to play with. But i think that's the case for a lot of players, he just happens to be the 1C, so we've seen a lot of guys tried on his line. My point, really, was more about the type of players that he seems to gel with. To a certain extent, Williams, and Brown, and Iaffalo have a similar feel to me. They all were the kind of guys that would go to the tough places on the ice. Their games are a little more simple, and based more on grit and hard work, than skill and quickness. They're blue collar types.

    FWIW, ive questioned arvidsson's fit w/ Kopitar since a few games into the season. They look like they play much different games, but im willing to see if they can get something going, because ideally, these are both guys you want out there as much as possible. But with our bottom 6 showing that they can play solid defensive/possession hockey, and earning more ice time, perhaps Arviddson would be a nice fit with some faster guys that thrive on the rush/counter attacks. I'd maybe roll Kupari w/ Arvidsson and Anderson or Moore. And then get Arvidsson as much PP time as possible. I'd rather keep Danault w/ Kempe and Iaffalo. They were so good together. And yeah, let a guy like Lemieux or Moore spend some time w/ Kopitar and Brown. Lemieux has been playing so well with Lizotte, id hate to split those guys up, but he seems ideal as a winger for Kopitar. Guy busts his ass, has decent quickness, fights hard, and still has a decent shot.

    So it's still a ways out, but who sits when Byfield eventually returns? I'd say Brown, but i never see that happening. Can Kaliyev be sent back down w/o waivers still? It'll probably be him.

  8. #188
    Part IV. A new begining..
    empire's Avatar
    Karma: 6275588
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,695
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    512 Post(s)

    Default

    The mirror heads are too dazzling.

    I think the taxi squad will arrive on Saturday.

  9. #189
    2nd Scoring Line
    DryKing's Avatar
    Karma: 1257000
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    I do agree, Kopitar seems like he's probably less easy to play with. But i think that's the case for a lot of players, he just happens to be the 1C, so we've seen a lot of guys tried on his line. My point, really, was more about the type of players that he seems to gel with. To a certain extent, Williams, and Brown, and Iaffalo have a similar feel to me. They all were the kind of guys that would go to the tough places on the ice. Their games are a little more simple, and based more on grit and hard work, than skill and quickness. They're blue collar types.

    FWIW, ive questioned arvidsson's fit w/ Kopitar since a few games into the season. They look like they play much different games, but im willing to see if they can get something going, because ideally, these are both guys you want out there as much as possible. But with our bottom 6 showing that they can play solid defensive/possession hockey, and earning more ice time, perhaps Arviddson would be a nice fit with some faster guys that thrive on the rush/counter attacks. I'd maybe roll Kupari w/ Arvidsson and Anderson or Moore. And then get Arvidsson as much PP time as possible. I'd rather keep Danault w/ Kempe and Iaffalo. They were so good together. And yeah, let a guy like Lemieux or Moore spend some time w/ Kopitar and Brown. Lemieux has been playing so well with Lizotte, id hate to split those guys up, but he seems ideal as a winger for Kopitar. Guy busts his ass, has decent quickness, fights hard, and still has a decent shot.

    So it's still a ways out, but who sits when Byfield eventually returns? I'd say Brown, but i never see that happening. Can Kaliyev be sent back down w/o waivers still? It'll probably be him.
    Kaliyev still is on his ELC so he should remain waiver exempt. I agree that leaving the Danault line w/ Kemp and Iaffalo makes sense, they've been arguably the Kings most consistent line all season. Lemieux's style should match up well with Kopitar, the only drawback is the chippiness is brings to the game and out in the opposing players. There may be some fear there that adding him to the Kopitar line could raise Kopitar's chance for injury. Grundstrom could be a good fit too, or possibly Andersson.

    I'd really like to see the Kings take a shot at Tyler Bertuzzi if he becomes available again in Detroit. Seems like he would be a great fit with Kopitar (at least on paper).

  10. #190
    Classic player
    VCRW's Avatar
    Karma: 1077547763
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    17,688
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4865 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    Kaliyev still is on his ELC so he should remain waiver exempt. I agree that leaving the Danault line w/ Kemp and Iaffalo makes sense, they've been arguably the Kings most consistent line all season. Lemieux's style should match up well with Kopitar, the only drawback is the chippiness is brings to the game and out in the opposing players. There may be some fear there that adding him to the Kopitar line could raise Kopitar's chance for injury. Grundstrom could be a good fit too, or possibly Andersson.

    I'd really like to see the Kings take a shot at Tyler Bertuzzi if he becomes available again in Detroit. Seems like he would be a great fit with Kopitar (at least on paper).
    Lias playing with Arvidsson and Kopitar could work. I don’t think Grundstrom or Lemieux have top line skill. Lias has both skill and more than a little physicality to his game. I am all for it if it allows TM to reunite 9-24-19.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •