1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

Default LA Kings Reserve Program

Looks like they are trying another method of selling tickets for the game.
    $75 bucks a month I the 300 level or $175 a month in the lower bowl.

https://www.nhl.com/kings/tickets/reserve

If someone is interested in going to somewhere between 1/3 to 2/3 of the games then maybe it comes out as less than a full season.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3900 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy100 View Post
    Looks like they are trying another method of selling tickets for the game.
    $75 bucks a month I the 300 level or $175 a month in the lower bowl.

https://www.nhl.com/kings/tickets/reserve

If someone is interested in going to somewhere between 1/3 to 2/3 of the games then maybe it comes out as less than a full season.
    Interesting... so what are the drawbacks to this?

- Surely no playoff priority (ha, playoffs. They don't need to worry about that)
    - No Meet the Kings I'd imagine? That wouldn't be fair to STHers.
    - Different seats every game?
    - Can't sell them. Which makes sense, because the point of this membership is for people who actually want to go.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Interesting... so what are the drawbacks to this?

- Surely no playoff priority (ha, playoffs. They don't need to worry about that)
    - No Meet the Kings I'd imagine? That wouldn't be fair to STHers.
    - Different seats every game?
    - Can't sell them. Which makes sense, because the point of this membership is for people who actually want to go.
    One potential drawback that I'm trying to get some clarity from the Kings on is:

if you wait until the last minute to reserve a seat, will there ever be a situation that the game will be completely booked and you are unable to attend.

Disneyland has a similar membership program with their Magic Key Passes and despite one level of their Magic Key passes having "No Blackout Dates" people are regularly blocked out due to a lack of park reservations.

I just want to make sure that I'm not signing up for the LA Kings version of a Magic Key.
    Last edited by Ryan120420; December 8th, 2021 at 04:06 PM.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    One potential drawback that I'm trying to get some clarity from the Kings on is:

if you wait until the last minute to reserve a seat, will there ever be a situation that the game will be completely booked and you are unable to attend.

Disneyland has a similar membership program with their Magic Key Passes and despite one level of their Magic Key passes having "No Blackout Dates" people are regularly blocked out due to a lack of park reservations.

I just want to make sure that I'm not signing up for the LA Kings version of a Magic Key.
    I havent been to a game all season that didnt have plenty of empty seats. Doubt this will be a problem. Plus with being able to reserve for 2 games at a time seems like it could work.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Just got a response from the Kings:

Ryan,

I understand what you’re saying. Technically the reserve subscription pulls from open inventory. If all inventory is sold and we sell out, then yes you would not have access to tickets for that game. There won’t be a scenario where we “block out” our reserve members, but if we sell out then we sell out.
    This is the LA Kings version of a Magic Key.

You risk not being able to attend games if they sell out of their inventory. This may not be an huge issue now as the Kings are not a great team, but if they improve or a popular opponent comes to town, you risk not being able to attend if you don't use one or both of your reservation holds to book that game in advance.

I wonder how many of these Reserve Memberships they will sell and if the reservations will become competitive like the Magic Key reservations.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this. I got fooled with the Magic Key, not falling for another one of these schemes again.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1512 Post(s)

Nope. Its a trap.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1706 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Nope. Its a trap.
    Don't make me break out the Akbar again. I did it before the Vancouver game and that was a **** show.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2303 Post(s)

so... you pay money in order to be able to reserve some tickets ahead of time? But you dont get any discount on ticket pricing? Why would anybody do this right now?

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    so... you pay money in order to be able to reserve some tickets ahead of time? But you dont get any discount on ticket pricing? Why would anybody do this right now?

If you go to enough games you do get a significant discount vs buying individual tickets from the Kings via AXS or a Season ticket package.

Right now the cheapest single game ticket the Kings allow on AXS is $25.00 and the cheapest per-game season ticket is $41.00.

With the reserve ticket if you were to go to all 41 games the per-game price comes down to $12.80 (525/41) per game. The pricing gets even better for the highest tier of the Reserve Membership as it allows you to sit in the Premier section of Staples center at very significant discount.

Other than the tickets being non-transferrable, I think the reservation system is going to make this membership program too good to be true.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)

I'll wait until they have to resort to PAYING people to go!