2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    Still wish we went with Zegras instead of Turcotte.

But i hope Kings management made the right choice!
    Does anyone remember the "concerns" with Zegras prior to him getting selected? I have read he "needed to bulk up" or "he may overpass"...

Hopefully Turcotte's development is on the way. Kid is only 20 years old - so there is time.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JMiller29 View Post
    Does anyone remember the "concerns" with Zegras prior to him getting selected? I have read he "needed to bulk up" or "he may overpass"...

Hopefully Turcotte's development is on the way. Kid is only 20 years old - so there is time.
    Biggest concern was that he couldn't be responsible enough to play in the NHL. Nobody ever questioned his offense, it was if he would commit to being a complete player. That sounds pretty silly when you watch him do that on the ice but it was and still is a legit concern.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

His knock was that he was on the smaller side but he's been doing alright.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Found Pronmans review:

Zegras’ production is the biggest argument against his case as a true top prospect. His numbers in the USHL and NTDP are more in line with Jeremy Bracco, Sonny Milano, Joel Farabee and Jack Roslovic, rather than Clayton Keller. The biggest difference between Zegras and those players is the quality of teams they played on. Milano and Farabee, for example, were leaned on much harder due to the depth of their teams.

Zegras wasn’t always on the first line or first power play unit this season on such a deep team, but in the second half he became a mainstay. The counter argument would be Zegras got to play with Hughes, Cole Caufield, etc., so he should have produced more if he was a true top of the line prospect.

The names Milano and Bracco, though, are names I have heard as a potential worst case projection for Zegras from NHL scouts.
    Teams looking to draft Zegras are not picking a guy hoping to get an elite burner like Hughes or Alex Turcotte, who is going to run over guys on his way to the net. You are drafting Zegras with the intention of finding your first power play unit QB for the next decade. He is going to be the player who will get the puck to his team’s goal-scorers.

He may not have had the most elite production this season (although he produced very well), but he looked so good so consistently. He showed very often why his playmaking ability is elite and attributes that will translate to the higher levels.

Zegras projects as a first-line forward at the NHL level, whether at center or on the wing, who will be an elite presence on the power play.
    Pronman: Trevor Zegras’ incredible playmaking skills make him a top NHL prospect

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

As a USA hockey fan itís really hard not to like Terry and Zegras. Gonna suck watching them light up the Kings for the near future.

I also hope the Kings didnít blow the Turcotte pick.
    Last edited by shoot2scor; December 8th, 2021 at 09:21 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    Still wish we went with Zegras instead of Turcotte.

But i hope Kings management made the right choice!
    Kings would have buried him
    "We couldn't check a hat" "Final: Sabres 5, Kings 1. Another atrocity committed against the game of hockey. @helenenothelen"

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3844 Post(s)

Even his post game interview is awesome https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...158504451?s=20

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BROWNIE!

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    723 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    Even his post game interview is awesome https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...158504451?s=20
    Don't make me like the Ducks, damn you.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1013 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    He has an abundance of charisma to go along with his world-class skills. Curt Sandoval (KABC) did a piece on Zegras the other day and it's virtually impossible not to like this kid.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

They are exciting to watch, I like Zegras has shown so far!