Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Well, it's not a non-issue, but this injury history isn't a huge concern if the Kings medical staff clears him for knee issues.

Jan 18, 2022 Missed 11 games (upper body injury).
    Jul 13, 2020 Missed the last 7 regular season games (hip injury).
    Feb 09, 2019 Missed 4 games (lower body injury).
    Nov 21, 2018 Missed 2 games (upper body injury).
    Nov 13, 2018 Missed 16 games (knee injury).
    Apr 07, 2018 Missed the last 2 regular season games (lower body injury).
    Jan 20, 2018 Missed 1 game (illness).
    Dec 02, 2017 Missed 28 games (knee injury).
    Dec 27, 2016 Missed 1 game (concussion).

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeftHand View Post
    Gostisbehere doesn’t look like his numbers are too terrible on that crappy Yotes team.

Also, if the Blue Jackets decide to rebuild, maybe just maybe they’d accept something crazy for Werenski. That’s a trade I’d make, even if it meant giving them Turcotte, Vilardi, Clarke, and a 1st..
    What???

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    So you're thinking fair value for a 23 yr old D who has these numbers:

68 games: 7/13/20
    50 games: 4/10/14
    53 games: 5/15/20
    63 games: 12/14/26
    56 games: 18/23/41
    29 games: 2/6/8 (on arguably the worst team in the NHL for the last several years)

...is a 1st rounder that will likely be in the 20s + a guy who struggles to stay in the lineup on the 4th line + a prospect who has proven absolutely nothing in the NHL and has just barely started to prove he can produce in the AHL.

I don't know if that would get Gostisbehere (who I wouldn't want at all), much less Chychrun.

Although I'd prefer losing Vilardi and Kupari over Turcotte, what has Turcotte done to warrant being untouchable? I see him play in the NHL and he's fine but does nothing remarkable. He may one day but 3 G and 7 A in 18 games in the AHL this season doesn't scream "awesome prospect" IMO. He's still got time to blossom but I've said it before and I'll say it again, he looks like a failed #5 overall pick and more like someone a team would be happy to take in the teens of the 1st round.
    He is supposed to be a Mike Richards type isn't he? If that's the case, then we hold onto him at all costs. Those types of players are the type to have their number retired. The type to do whatever it takes to win. Think Messier, Brindamour, Yzerman, Gilmour. That's the kind of player every team needs. I would love to see Turcotte stay on this team and become captain and lead us to more cups. No one on this roster has what Turcotte could potentially become. Nobody.

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by showmethemony View Post
    He is supposed to be a Mike Richards type isn't he? If that's the case, then we hold onto him at all costs. Those types of players are the type to have their number retired. The type to do whatever it takes to win. Think Messier, Brindamour, Yzerman, Gilmour. That's the kind of player every team needs. I would love to see Turcotte stay on this team and become captain and lead us to more cups. No one on this roster has what Turcotte could potentially become. Nobody.
    Not to get too deep into the weeds, but Richards had HUGE offensive numbers in juniors. Turcotte had nice USHL numbers but that's not the same level of competition and his numbers at UW were good not great. And in Ontario he's been good not great. I respect the comparison to Richards (and Messier, Brindamour, Yzerman, and Gilmour) but without the offense it's not quite the same.

So if he's a 40 point guy, who's the comparison? Not those guys.

And don't get me wrong. I don't think Turcotte is bad or a waste of a roster spot. I'm just not sold on him being an elite core player who drives Cup wins like, say, Sami Pahlsson (7th rounder) or Brayden Point (3rd rounder).

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Not to get too deep into the weeds, but Richards had HUGE offensive numbers in juniors. Turcotte had nice USHL numbers but that's not the same level of competition and his numbers at UW were good not great. And in Ontario he's been good not great. I respect the comparison to Richards (and Messier, Brindamour, Yzerman, and Gilmour) but without the offense it's not quite the same.

So if he's a 40 point guy, who's the comparison? Not those guys.

And don't get me wrong. I don't think Turcotte is bad or a waste of a roster spot. I'm just not sold on him being an elite core player who drives Cup wins like, say, Sami Pahlsson (7th rounder) or Brayden Point (3rd rounder).
    But you can't really be sure until he makes it in the NHL. Is that really something LA should risk? I say, wait until you see what you've got and then make that decision.

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

But you can't really be sure until he makes it in the NHL. Is that really something LA should risk? I say, wait until you see what you've got and then make that decision.
    Maybe. The problem is that the AHL is littered with guys teams took too long to decide weren't NHlers. Blake is paid a bunch of money to evaluate players and he needs to figure that out NOW. Because if he passes on Chychrun because he's convinced Turcotte is a key to winning Cups he better be right...and have a plan to build a Cup contending D.

And like I've said before, if not Chychrun, then who? Nobody?

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2448 Post(s)

You won't have a piece to trade if you wait. If he's good, he stays. If he isnt, his value is gone. Right now he's just a valuable asset, which we need to trade to fill an area of need. At some point, you have to pull the trigger.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    You won't have a piece to trade if you wait. If he's good, he stays. If he isnt, his value is gone. Right now he's just a valuable asset, which we need to trade to fill an area of need. At some point, you have to pull the trigger.
    It’s the truth. I’ve seen this board for nuts over not hanging on to Gleason, Johnson and others… also
    The odd Kubalik. Bottom line - this is part of the reason you stockpile assets to trade for what you need.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2448 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    It’s the truth. I’ve seen this board for nuts over not hanging on to Gleason, Johnson and others… also
    The odd Kubalik. Bottom line - this is part of the reason you stockpile assets to trade for what you need.
    we knew going into this season that it was pretty likely one of Vilardi or Turcotte would get traded. If Vilardi had any value right now its likely we'd be talking about him instead.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Maybe. The problem is that the AHL is littered with guys teams took too long to decide weren't NHlers. Blake is paid a bunch of money to evaluate players and he needs to figure that out NOW. Because if he passes on Chychrun because he's convinced Turcotte is a key to winning Cups he better be right...and have a plan to build a Cup contending D.

And like I've said before, if not Chychrun, then who? Nobody?
    You wait for guys like Faber, Grans to come up and make a difference. I guarantee you it's not hard to turn somebody into a Chychrun. Durzi's basically right there, without the defensive play. I think you just wait on the D and don't trade valuable offensive prospects.