Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: ***Colorado Avalanche vs. LA Kings GDT 1/20/22 EARLY START >>> 6:30pm on >>>ESPN***

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5184 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hicks View Post
    you don't treat a 2 time SC captain like everyone else.
    If anything, I would want to see an even higher level of performance demanded from the 4 remaining Cup veterans. No one should get a free pass for mediocrity - ever.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    People on this forum love to rag on Kopi, but he's still our best player. Right now we miss Kempe big time.Some of the complaints about Kopitar are valid, but you're not going to change those at this point. He doesn't shoot enough and sometimes tries too hard to make the perfect play. But he's our best passer,our best defensive forward,and one of our two best faceoff guys. As far as as his speed,he was never an overly fast skater, but he is seldom out of position. Depending on how much longer he plays,he has a pretty good shot at the Hall of Fame.He will probably finish with over 400 goals and 1200 points and won 2 Cups.
    I'm one of Kopi's biggest defenders here, my second favorite player of all time behind Luc. That being said, he's not above criticism at times and as you say, it's valid. There are no doubts that he's a great player but I'm always wondering if there is this second gear for him that he just doesn't tap into...kinda like how he played opening night vs the Knights. I want him to take control of a game like he did then.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    642 Post(s)

No player hits that high gear every game when they play the kind of minutes he does.But of course he deserves some criticism.

MVP
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2627 Post(s)

Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and Quick have a lot of miles on them. They are relatively healthy most years and have played a lot of minutes. I would love to see a minutes played comparison between these players and some other top Vets that are also Stanley Cup champions, like a Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and maybe a few others. I would believe that these Kings players have to be at the top of minutes and games played.