Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: ***Colorado Avalanche vs. LA Kings GDT 1/20/22 EARLY START >>> 6:30pm on >>>ESPN***

LGK Agitator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    When you are playing 20+ minutes a game and you have Kopitar's natural talents/aptitude, you will get your points.

We've have had this same tired discussion over and over on this board.

The fact remains that some of Kopitar's skiils, especially foot speed and shot velocity, are noticeably declining.

And another revealing fact was the 2 goals in 32 games drought that only recently ended.

I love Anze and I love the Kings, but 34-year old Kopi is not going to be the one to lead the team on their return to the promised land.

But I'd love to see 'em just make the playoffs and help the kids learn playoff hockey.

This is the only thing that matters. They all need the experience of it, even if it's only for one series.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1019 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    The biggest knock on Kopi is his inconsistency...he goes long stretches without scoring a goal and then suddenly scores a handful.
    My BIGGEST peeve with Kopi - is his lack of winning special teams faceoffs. The Avs won the PK faceoff, kept it in for nearly the entire PK, scored.

KINGS PP, Kopi loses the draw - puck cleared - team has to re-enter...poor pass...puck gets cleared. Repeat - Repeat - PP over.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    642 Post(s)

People on this forum love to rag on Kopi, but he's still our best player. Right now we miss Kempe big time.Some of the complaints about Kopitar are valid, but you're not going to change those at this point. He doesn't shoot enough and sometimes tries too hard to make the perfect play. But he's our best passer,our best defensive forward,and one of our two best faceoff guys. As far as as his speed,he was never an overly fast skater, but he is seldom out of position. Depending on how much longer he plays,he has a pretty good shot at the Hall of Fame.He will probably finish with over 400 goals and 1200 points and won 2 Cups.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1013 Post(s)

I don't think Phillip Danault shouldn't get a free pass for his play yesterday, either. Not only was he a minus-2, his three and a half minutes of power play time was pathetic. He's supposed to be a stabilizing force and lead the kids with his veteran presence, but he was sloppy as hell and tentative with the puck in our end.

It's a shame we couldn't pull out one of these last three games. Instead we took a considerable step backwards. And man are we missing Kempe or what? He is coming back for the road trip, right?

The Swedish King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    And man are we missing Kempe or what? He is coming back for the road trip, right?
    If I’m not totally wrong, I thought they said during the broadcast that he’ll probably miss the first two away games. Not good if true!!

MVP
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2627 Post(s)

Losing to TB, Colorado or any top team is expected by the Kings. Yes, once in a while they will beat a team that they shouldn't, however for this season and next they will win more than we expect but playoffs not so much. I believe most teams play down to the Kings and that is when the Kings catch them, however veteran playoff teams like TB and the Avs understand how to turn it on when needed.

2023-2024 the Kings better make the playoffs. That will give Turcott, Byfield and the rest of the young players at least 1.5 seasons in the NHL. I'm not upset about the losses, however how they learn from these losses is crucial for their development.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

We go 6-2 since Christmas : We're the greatest team EVAAAR!!!!

We lose the next 3 games : We're the worst team EVAAAR!!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hicks View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but, how do we know that they've done that? Last interview I saw with Gabe he was still somewhat of a sourpuss about things.
    Tkachev, I have no clue. Can someone more informed than me speak on it? And yes, Dustin is at the end and we all see it but,
    you don't treat a 2 time SC captain like everyone else.
    I think he is who he is. He's gone down and he's played well. If that's how he wants to pout, I'm fine with that. I just meant both guys have played well. And I'm not advocating that Brown be taken off the team and obviously he can't be sent down. I'm just saying here we are watching him flounder while we have these two guys that we will really only get one more chance to let succeed imo. Vilardi has always seemed like a pouty kid to me, but in his defence, he's still a kid really.

I'm not big on either guy, but especially with Kempe out it seems like the time to see what they've learned and see if they can contribute. Reason 1: We could use some scoring, but for me reason two might be more important: see if they can show some value so we can ship one or both of them out to get someone like Chycrun (obviously will take a lot more than them, but if they could be attractive pieces it would help.)

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    I think he is who he is. He's gone down and he's played well. If that's how he wants to pout, I'm fine with that. I just meant both guys have played well. And I'm not advocating that Brown be taken off the team and obviously he can't be sent down. I'm just saying here we are watching him flounder while we have these two guys that we will really only get one more chance to let succeed imo. Vilardi has always seemed like a pouty kid to me, but in his defence, he's still a kid really.

I'm not big on either guy, but especially with Kempe out it seems like the time to see what they've learned and see if they can contribute. Reason 1: We could use some scoring, but for me reason two might be more important: see if they can show some value so we can ship one or both of them out to get someone like Chycrun (obviously will take a lot more than them, but if they could be attractive pieces it would help.)
    Vilardi is still a very interesting storyline. I’m relieved to see he’s at or around a ppg pace in the AHL. One good sign.

But of all players his call-up has to hit perfectly right. Once he gets called up again he’s sticking around or the team’s moving on. Going back and forth like JAD is not going to work for that player’s psychology. I’m still holding out hope he’s reflecting enough to really own his situation and also, very importantly, remember that hockey is also fun.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clif View Post
    Vilardi is still a very interesting storyline. I’m relieved to see he’s at or around a ppg pace in the AHL. One good sign.

But of all players his call-up has to hit perfectly right. Once he gets called up again he’s sticking around or the team’s moving on. Going back and forth like JAD is not going to work for that player’s psychology. I’m still holding out hope he’s reflecting enough to really own his situation and also, very importantly, remember that hockey is also fun.
    Totally agree. Think Kempe being out was a good chance, but it is a very delicate situation and I firmly believe his next chance will be his last one with the Kings. Not saying it should be, saying it will be.

Tkachev, however, I'd throw him in Kempe's spot. We don't have as much invested in him. He's supposed to be a scorer - so here's a prime chance after going down even though it sounded like he would never do that.