Thread: ***LA Kings @ New York Rangers GDT 1/24/22 4:00pm (PT) on BSW***

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

Good game. Can live with that effort. Arvidsson in the shootout (at second no less) was my one beef. Guy generally needs ten chances to get a goal, why would you assume he could bury that one? Byfield there may have won us the game.

All Star
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Good road effort against one of the best teams in the NHL and on the backend of a back-to-back.

I'm beginning to get concerned that Kopitar is not playing to well. He coughs up the puck way too much for a player of his reputation.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    Good game. Can live with that effort. Arvidsson in the shootout (at second no less) was my one beef. Guy generally needs ten chances to get a goal, why would you assume he could bury that one? Byfield there may have won us the game.
    I didn’t like Iafallo 4th either. I figured we’d see Kaliyev before him. Gotta move QB up higher in the rotation next time regardless.

MVP
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2627 Post(s)

Two days off. So plenty of rest. Need to win at least two more on the trip

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

I hate losing but it was a good effort by the Kings to get that point. Quick made some outstanding saves & the team did well in overcoming the loss of Lemieux. I was hoping that Byfield's shootout goal would've been the game winner but then Lafreniere scored. Getting 3 out of 4 on this trip & 3 of 4 against the 1st place Rangers is a good thing.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    723 Post(s)

When Kreider scored that PPG, my Gamecenter showed it as "Kreider (30)", and I thought it was glitching. When did that guy become a 60 goals per year player?

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

I missed the 3rd/OT (in hospital all day; all's well), but man, I hate the shootout. I thought we played pretty well. Dropped to 3rd. Happy to be anywhere near top 3 tbh :D

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiranga View Post
    Quick couldn't make the stops when it mattered most. I'm happy with the point.
    Well there's a take I wasn't expecting. Literally only reason we got a point was Quick.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4263 Post(s)

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 6 shots different or within +/- 1 of 6 (5,7)

6 Shots (2 points)
    Kurisu
    jammer06
    Helvetica
    LeftyKing
    hokiecat
    Bill Hicks
    Nyssa42

5,7 shots (1 point)
    Drice
    sonnyboy11
    beedee
    Busted Chops
    kingrussell
    AngelEyes
    SirJW
    JETS GARAGE
    STONE
    Chateau Bow Wow
    randdog
    pray4mojo

Second game of a back to back controlling most of the game against a first place team they looked good until Lemieux cost them. Letting a team like that back into the game should have bitten them in the arse harder than it did. Fox looked good out there and you can see how playing in that market he'd get the nod over Makar for the Norris. I'm still mad about Roy's coverage on Kreider, but I'm having a harder time busting Kopi's balls on that second tip. That was legitimately a great play by Goodrow. The shootout is the shootout, was nice to see Q get a spot out there. I would have actually liked to see Durzi of all people although I'd be hard pressed to tell you who he should have replaced. 3 of 4 points to start is good, but the schedule won't get any easier. Enjoy the day off boys.
    Last edited by jammer06; January 25th, 2022 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added pray4mojo

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1802 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I would have 3 of 4 points to start is good, but the schedule won't get any easier.
    Great recap. I'll say it does get easier against Philly. They've lost 12 straight so the Kings better not be the streak busters. Isles are decent but still bottom 8 in the east. We need to get 2 points against them in Dewey's 1000th game Drew was a 3 star player would be nice too

The Rangers lead the very competitive Metro and they have the Richard trophy leader. Losing to them in SO on a back to back is not a bad outcome. They're very very good. They did a turbo rebuild with Fox, Panarin, and the goalies. Plus back to back top 2 draft picks.