1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiranga View Post
    Kopitar just standing behind the guy, doing nothing to stop him. Tipped without a problem.
    A bunch of us on twitter mentioned how his stick was up on the air vs tying the guy up. Kopi took ownership of it after the game, knew he messed up.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KOPI! PEVS! View Post
    I missed the 3rd/OT (in hospital all day; all's well), but man, I hate the shootout. I thought we played pretty well. Dropped to 3rd. Happy to be anywhere near top 3 tbh :D
    We were already third but ducks still have played one more game, one point ahead of us. Never remotely thought we'd be discussing Ducks and Kings being in 2nd and 3rd. Crazy.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

I'd like to see Byfield out there in OT next time it happens.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Great recap. I'll say it does get easier against Philly. They've lost 12 straight so the Kings better not be the streak busters. Isles are decent but still bottom 8 in the east. We need to get 2 points against them in Dewey's 1000th game Drew was a 3 star player would be nice too

The Rangers lead the very competitive Metro and they have the Richard trophy leader. Losing to them in SO on a back to back is not a bad outcome. They're very very good. They did a turbo rebuild with Fox, Panarin, and the goalies. Plus back to back top 2 draft picks.
    Philly is the only game that I'd be legitimately mad about not getting points (or taking a dump), Pens are pens, the Isles playing .500 hockey and coming back from a really bad start. Detroit are also somehow still .500 and that last game against them is in the weird spot at the end of the road trip before the all star break. Couple that with the shellacking they took a couple weeks ago and it reeks of trap game.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    A bunch of us on twitter mentioned how his stick was up on the air vs tying the guy up. Kopi took ownership of it after the game, knew he messed up.
    Kopi had his stick on the wrong side of Goodrow, when the shot came he decided to play goalie instead of defense pushing his skate out. In either case for him to get to Barclay's stick he would have had to come around through the slot side which Goodrow was doing an excellent job of protecting against with his position. I mean the tip comes from a tripod position. It's a good play by Goodrow and not as inexcusable as the front row seat that Roy had. There's things Kopi could have done, and I'm sure he knew that when is best play was to pretend goalie he was eff'd so yeah he could have done better. It wasn't a complete failure though.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2448 Post(s)

also, that tip was ****ing amazing. Backhand, across the body, into the top corner? You'd still like to see Kopitar do something different there though. It happens.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 6 shots different or within +/- 1 of 6 (5,7)

6 Shots (2 points)
    Kurisu
    jammer06
    Helvetica
    LeftyKing
    hokiecat
    Bill Hicks
    Nyssa42

5,7 shots (1 point)
    Drice
    sonnyboy11
    beedee
    Busted Chops
    kingrussell
    AngelEyes
    SirJW
    JETS GARAGE
    STONE
    Chateau Bow Wow
    randdog

Second game of a back to back controlling most of the game against a first place team they looked good until Lemieux cost them. Letting a team like that back into the game should have bitten them in the arse harder than it did. Fox looked good out there and you can see how playing in that market he'd get the nod over Makar for the Norris. I'm still mad about Roy's coverage on Kreider, but I'm having a harder time busting Kopi's balls on that second tip. That was legitimately a great play by Goodrow. The shootout is the shootout, was nice to see Q get a spot out there. I would have actually liked to see Durzi of all people although I'd be hard pressed to tell you who he should have replaced. 3 of 4 points to start is good, but the schedule won't get any easier. Enjoy the day off boys.
    Hey Jammer... See post #15 . (Guessed 5)...