Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemieux is a liability and needs to....

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    609 Post(s)

Default Lemieux is a liability and needs to....

He's gotta reign in the horns, his reputation is only going to lead to more Major Penalties.

Discuss.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I think that was a borderline hit. He wasn't trying to injure anybody. He'll probably get fined, but really not a big deal. He didn't really follow through with the hit.

LGK Agitator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)

His positives outweigh his negatives to me. He's no Matt Cooke or Rafi Torres.
    Just has to be smarter.

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Agreed. I thought it should have been a double minor
    It reminded me of Bernier's hit on Scuderi...not a 5 minute major.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1657 Post(s)

If there no blood there no major, agree he needs to cleanup some hits. He has a lot of positive to his game and has proven to be critical to his linemates. But taking suspensions doesn’t help anyone

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1013 Post(s)

I still like him. He adds more than he takes away, if that balance is upset than we will circle back.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

His actual hockey ability/play is impressive to me. He has a knack of lighting up those around him, making some plays, and breathing life into bad nights.

He also has a tendency to be a complete dumbass. Standing up for teammates, and fighting occasionally, is one thing. I couldn't stand MacDermid for his lame staged fights, but Lemieux is better at it. But he needs to stop the disgusting behavior, before he hurts someone. Honestly some of the stuff he does goes beyond hockey and seems like a bit of a street thug, especially with the way he acts sometimes afterwards where he thinks his play was so awesome or whatever.

Listening to Jim Fox defend him was weird. Stolly and Armstrong also defended the boarding. Maybe I'm wrong, but that hit looked real dirty to me, though I was watching it in a hospital room on a cell phone (yay technology).

Slight toss up IMO. Dude brings a lot, but plays a bit more like beer league enforcer than professional athlete sometimes.

Overall he's one of my favorites of the year, but some of his actions seem a bit more... common than I would prefer.
    Last edited by KOPI! PEVS!; January 24th, 2022 at 09:06 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1657 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KOPI! PEVS! View Post
    His actual hockey ability/play is impressive to me. He has a knack of lighting up those around him, making some plays, and breathing life into bad nights.

He also has a tendency to be a complete dumbass. Standing up for teammates, and fighting occasionally, is one thing. I couldn't stand MacDermid for his lame staged fights, but Lemieux is better at it. But he needs to stop the disgusting behavior, before he hurts someone. Honestly some of the stuff he does goes beyond hockey and seems like a bit of a street thug, especially with the way he acts sometimes afterwards where he thinks his play was so awesome or whatever.

Listening to Jim Fox defend him was weird. Stolly and Armstrong also defended the boarding. Maybe I'm wrong, but that hit looked real dirty to me, though I was watching it in a hospital room on a cell phone (yay technology).

Slight toss up IMO. Dude brings a lot, but plays a bit more like beer league enforcer than professional athlete sometimes.

Overall he's one of my favorites of the year, but some of his actions seem a bit more... common than I would prefer.
    McDermid also brought little upside offensively. Agree with your comments

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KOPI! PEVS! View Post
    I didn't think it was at all dirty. Lemieux was gonna hit his shoulder and when he turned Lemieux hit him in the numbers. Barely different than Bernier's hit on Scuderi, which didn't warrant a 5 minute major IMO.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    676 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    I didn't think it was at all dirty. Lemieux was gonna hit his shoulder and when he turned Lemieux hit him in the numbers. Barely different than Bernier's hit on Scuderi, which didn't warrant a 5 minute major IMO.
    Bingo. People need to stop looking at hits in a vacuum of 0,5 seconds. Average reaction time for a human is around 250ms, for a potentially a bit exhausted hockey player that needs to think about a lot of different things at once it's probably higher. Then you have your skating momentum AND body inertia. Good luck changing your mind once your "target" turns in a way that makes your well intended hit look dirty.