Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally sold the house and moving.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Default Finally sold the house and moving.

After 6 months of seemingly nonstop work my house is sold. First buyers dropped out last minute from cold feet, second were 90% dropping out but fixed some financing issues. A lot of bizarro situations kept setting it back, all out of my hands. Made a decent profit from all the work we did. The market going bananas helped. Able to pay off all of our debt and start fresh. We're leaving Monday. Moving 2800 miles away to South Carolina with nothing but a POD for our memorabilia and my records/guitar stuff, important personal stuff, etc. Nothing else but us and car of cats on the drive. My last big move was from LA to OR. I have hated it here almost the entire time (5 years). Nothing against the place, but man I hate clouds. The state is rated 50th in depression and yeah we both feel it. We moved here due to a type of emergency situation and didn't have much of a choice. This time it's our choice and on our terms and I couldn't be more excited. Of course we leave May 2nd(ish) which is when playoffs start, so I'll have my jersey ready and laptop for the hotel rooms to watch. We're driving over I think 6 days. Don't think I've been as excited since I got out of the military and travelled from ID to CA. I'm not a social media type, and I've been a member here forever, and feel I have to share about it somewhere. I can't wait for the Kings to come play the Hurricanes and I can go be the weird guy wearing a Kings jersey and actually watch a game in person again. Wish us luck!

Last edited by KOPI! PEVS!; April 28th, 2022 at 09:21 AM.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4288 Post(s)

Safe travels! I don't begrudge you that drive across Nebraska at all. For 4-6 hours just corn, and then finally a random bridge over I-80. Omaha is a big town by the time you see it (although I think you're cutting south). Not sure the places you're staying but good luck watching the games. I've fought the battle with buffering on the road and it's frustrating for sure.

Video Game First Liner
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Congratulations! I hope things work out better for you in South Carolina.

Be safe on your travels!

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Safe travels! I don't begrudge you that drive across Nebraska at all. For 4-6 hours just corn, and then finally a random bridge over I-80. Omaha is a big town by the time you see it (although I think you're cutting south). Not sure the places you're staying but good luck watching the games. I've fought the battle with buffering on the road and it's frustrating for sure.
    I hate long drives. I did Seattle to LA at least 50 times. So that will be hard. Anywhere with wifi will work. We'll be at dumpy hotels that allow cats. When I drove from La to ID to my military base in the first place I fondly remember tethering a phone's data into my laptop w/ a usb cable, then we had the laptop streaming the game and hooked into the car's audio, and I was thinking that damn I love technology. That was in 2010 so it was a bit harder then to get stuff like that working, lol.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    Congratulations! I hope things work out better for you in South Carolina.

Be safe on your travels!
    Thanks!

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Of course now I get the call seconds after making this post that the closing date is now up in the air as their financing hit yet another hiccup (apparently they got a loan for their down payment..?) and it might be "pushed back a day or two" and we'll find out more today and tomorrow. Said we should be able to leave the 2nd still. Realtor says not to worry. Am worried. Gah!

Video Game First Liner
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Be sure to have this song on your playlist while driving

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Be sure to have this song on your playlist while driving

Initially we were gonna go the southern route and it'd be something more like

Video Game First Liner
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KOPI! PEVS! View Post
    Of course now I get the call seconds after making this post that the closing date is now up in the air as their financing hit yet another hiccup (apparently they got a loan for their down payment..?) and it might be "pushed back a day or two" and we'll find out more today and tomorrow. Said we should be able to leave the 2nd still. Realtor says not to worry. Am worried. Gah!
    oof! That sucks man. Let's hope it's just that, and not any longer.

It's definitely easier said than done, but your realtor is right. I can share some horror stories about buying my current home, but in the end it all worked out. I'm sure it'll all work out for you as well.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

oof! That sucks man. Let's hope it's just that, and not any longer.

It's definitely easier said than done, but your realtor is right. I can share some horror stories about buying my current home, but in the end it all worked out. I'm sure it'll all work out for you as well.
    Thanks for the kind words!