03/30/22 - Kings 3, Oilers 4 (OT)
    02/15/22 - Oilers 5, Kings 2
    12/05/21 - Kings 5, Oilers 1

Regular Season Stats

**Game Time 7:00pm**

These start times are for the pregame

TV:**BSSC & ESPN2**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Phillip Danault, Trevor Moore, & Todd MacLellan 5/2/22 Post Game Quotes

Link to Phillip Danault Post-Game Video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1521359729141895168

Trevor Moore
    On how the group handled the momentum swings in the Game 1 win

Yeah, I thought we did a good job, how we have all year, leaning on our leadership. We know those guys are going to have pushes, they have two of the best players in the world, itís going to be that way and theyíre going to have their moments but I thought Quickie made huge saves when we needed them. We did a good job.
    On what was said in the room between the second and third periods
    Like I said, I think the leaders who have been here before, and Todd, came in and said hey, if we told you 3-3 coming into today, in a tough road building, we would have taken that. I think that we were calm and did what we needed to do to execute.
    On the butterflies playing his first playoff game in a few years

Nervous energy, youíre more excited than anything, but youíre just anxious to get out there. You just want to get it started and get that first shift under your belt. Thatís the way you do it for sure.
    On playing against Edmontonís top players more often than not
    Itís an exciting opportunity. Itís going to be tough, like I said, those guys are amazing hockey players. Just being able to be called on for that job, itís a big task, but itís definitely an honor.
    On handling the outside noise painting the Kings as an underdog in this series
    We donít care, we just kind of focus on what weíre doing and we believe in our group. We believe in our leadership, our coaching and everything that we do.

Todd McLellan
    On his favorite things from the Game 1 victory

I thought we did the things that we needed to do, for the most part. Weíve used the word identity a lot during the year and we played to that again. Itís what gives us a chance. We checked fairly well, made some mistakes, went to the penalty box a little bit too much for anybodyís liking, especially against that type of power play, but for the most part we were able to check. We got excellent goaltending, as we expected, and weíre opportunistic. If anybodyís been watching us for the last 3-4 months, as some of you have, thatís how we play. We played in our skin, we played to our identity and we were just a carbon copy of how weíve done it.
    On seeing players step into new roles tonight and produce
    Iíve been with teams where the injury thing at this time of the year would really throw you for a loop. You lose Viktor Arvidsson, weíre not loaded with 20-goal scorers and heís a critical offensive and defensive piece to our team, a big part of that line. Weíve been through this so much this season, I really thought it was just another day at the office for us. Somebody falls out of the lineup and somebody steps in and we try to get it done. I think that the resiliency has come through that from Game 5 when we lost Drew to Game 6 when we lost Walks. We havenít played with our whole lineup all season and weíve been able to find ways.
    On getting the matchups against McDavid and Draisaitl
    Itís tougher, but letís face it, for 75 percent of the game 29 or 97 and 24 or 11 are on the ice. The other 25 percent is unpredictable for both Jay and myself. It will be that way in LA and it will be that way in Edmonton, thatís why itís such a great game, you donít get to have everything you want. Others have to find a way to get the job done, both offensively and defensively, on our team and I can imagine Jay is probably saying the same thing. I canít speak for him, but thatís just the way the game goes. Youíre never going to get everything you want, but we have trained the players to deal with those situations and they should be able to handle them.
    On Danault not needing to sacrifice offense tonight for defense
    In my opinion, my mind, offense is a big part of his defending now. Itís not just jump on the ice and sit back, when youíre attacking the other teamís goaltender, itís the best defense you can have. Itís honorable for him to say that, but we want him to keep pushing offensively, because that does help the defensive game.
    On the group of players who played their first playoff game tonight
    Whatís that saying about the duck, he looks calm above the water, but underneath the legs are just flapping away. Iím sure there was some of that, but our guys did a good job of starting well. The veterans, the first two lines out that went out to start the game set the tone and settled everybody down. Now, the kids come out, they start to play on the third and fourth lines, they felt a little more comfortable. Leadership was real important, opportunity to play in these games is exactly what we wanted. Weíve talked about this ad nauseum already, about gaining experience as we go for that up and coming group. Theyíre getting it. Maybe they donít get 15 minutes a night, but theyíre involved in everything that happens on the bench, on the ice, in the game. Thatís valuable.

Subject To Change

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries

Drew Doughty (IR)
    Sean Walker (LTIR)

Oilers Probable Lineup
    courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

PLAYER STATS

WESTERN CONFERENCE WILD CARD STANDINGS

***Bet your karma in geogirlís KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

There are also betting threads for all the other series in Home Ice

Your Friendly LGK Dolphin
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2801 Post(s)

May the Force be with the Kings!

And Happy Pre-Cinco De Mayo!

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5192 Post(s)

Thank you, Susan et al!

If the Kings are fortunate enough to win tonight, it will be a fun weekend when our tour rolls into the Saddledome on Saturday and Rogers Place on Sunday. Wish I had packed a Kings jersey for this Canada run.

GKG!!!

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    966 Post(s)

Let's use the current uptick in crime in Los Angeles to our advantage, and STEAL GAME TWO!

Edmonton:

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4281 Post(s)

Thank you Nyssa!

Has anyone heard anything further on Arviddson?

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Thanks, Nyssa!!!

I concur with jammer's question. Does anyone know anything about Arvi?

Go Kings Go!!!!

What's it doing now?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    Thanks, Nyssa!!!

I concur with jammer's question. Does anyone know anything about Arvi?

Go Kings Go!!!!
    It appears to be the usual tight-lip policy for the postseason.

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4143 Post(s)

So is Arvy a "personal issue" or injury? Because I've heard both. Hoven says it is more likely that Arvy is back for Game 3 rather than Game 2, which sounds more like an injury, especially since he was apparently on the trip with the team.

What's it doing now?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Nickson specifically said injury. The "personal issues" thing was a tweet that seemed to gain some traction but I don't put much stock in that. Of course, an injury is a personal issue from a certain point of view on this May The Fourth.... I'll see myself out.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    966 Post(s)

So I'm trying to keep the star wars theme but all my "ideas" are just coming across as dad jokes. And my pops was "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" guy, so...homage adjacent.

Tonight I'll be watching the squad while (han) Solo drinking (Alec) Guinness and using my Jedi mind tricks to keep the oilers shooting like stormtroopers.

[Jabba laughing image]