Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***PLAYOFFS Rd1 Game 5 GDT Kings @ Oilers 5/10/22 7:00pm on BSSC & ESPN2***

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3846 Post(s)

Default ***PLAYOFFS Rd1 Game 5 GDT Kings @ Oilers 5/10/22 7:00pm on BSSC & ESPN2***

PLAYOFFS Game Day Thread
    Playoffs Round 1, Game #5 -- 5/10/22

TONIGHT’S GAME IS ON BALLY SPORTS SOCAL & ESPN2

Los Angeles Kings @ Edmonton Oilers

Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB

SERIES TIED 2-2

Round 1 Scores

05/08/22 - Oilers 0, Kings 4
    05/06/22 - Oilers 8, Kings 2
    05/04/22 - Kings 0, Oilers 6
    05/02/22 - Kings 4, Oilers 3

Playoff Series Stats

**Game Time 7:00pm**

These start times are for the pregame

TV:**BSSC & ESPN2**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Mikey Anderson (video), Jonathan Quick & Todd MacLellan 5/8 Post Game Quotes

Link to Mikey Anderson Post-Game Video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1523533722276057089

Jonathan Quick
    On the Kings playing to their identity tonight

I mean, we played the game that got us to the playoffs. We got pucks deep, we forechecked, blocked shots, pucks to the net and rebounds. We play that way, we can be successful.
    On having Carl Grundstrom and Troy Stecher step in with big goals
    It’s huge and we’ve been getting that all year. Guys in, injuries, whatever happens, guys have jumped in and it’s a next-man up mentality. They did that well tonight.
    On the team getting a complete effort tonight
    It was everyone as a group, everyone chips in. We’ve played a lot of good games. Just because the last two didn’t go our way, we’ve played a lot of good games like that.
    On making the save without the glove on
    You see the puck and you try to get something on it.

Todd McLellan
    On the difference between Games 2 and 3 and tonight’s win

I could tell you that we didn’t play very well for two games and I could tell you that we played better tonight to a man. It wasn’t 100 percent better, it was only like five percent better per player, but we did some of the things we needed to do to win the game and we hadn’t been doing that since Game 1.
    On the team’s rally back tonight after the defeats in Games 2 and 3
    Well, our team believes in themselves and what we stand for. We just had to get them back to playing that way and believing in it. We can’t go to the table, if you will, and put all of our chips in on one play, we have to manage them all night and we did a better job of that tonight.
    On the penalty kill tonight, and its improvements
    Well, let’s face it, they had at least one power-play goal in every game, so it’s 1-0 when the night starts. They were that good and they are that good. Odds of going without a penalty throughout the night are slim to none, so our group had to step up. It starts with the goaltender, he made some outstanding saves when he needed to and then some of the players around him did what they needed to do, so that was a good sign. I thought our power play began to show a little sign of life, so we’re improving. Our team still has to improve in the playoffs. The question I’m going to ask our guys is have we learned our lesson yet, because we won Game 1 and then we did nothing in Games 2 or 3 that even remotely looked close to us, so we have to continue with it, so have we learned anything throughout the series. It doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy and it doesn’t mean we’re going to win, but we need to do certain things to have a chance. We’ll see if we’ve learned.
    On if there was a moment when he felt he knew the Kings were playing their brand of hockey
    Our starts haven’t been bad, so I can’t tell you it’s the first period, but there were situations in the game that we played differently. It can’t explain the X’s and O’s, but by the eye, some of the things that we needed to do, but didn’t do, while we were getting drilled we did tonight and it helped us
    On Jonathan Quick’s play tonight
    There were some questions that I answered about goaltender decision and it wasn’t a hard one for us. That’s not a comment to demean Cal Petersen, because he’s a hell of a goaltender, but if there was ever a night we needed somebody that’s been there and done it, it was tonight.
    On Mikey Anderson’s game tonight
    He’s had a pretty young career so far, but we talk about Mikey like he’s a ten-year veteran. The way he carries himself, the minutes that he’s hauled and played, he missed a month, two months almost and he’s getting his legs underneath him. I think he’s gaining confidence, night after night and that has to be one of his better outings, I think that’s a good, accurate observation.

Subject To Change

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson
    Drew Doughty (IR)
    Sean Walker (LTIR)

Oilers Probable Lineup
    courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

PLAYER STATS

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

There are also betting threads for all the other series in Home Ice

Last edited by Nyssa42; May 10th, 2022 at 11:47 AM.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

This is going to be the hardest one yet, because they're going to come out pissed with that home crowd raging after the last one.

We'll see if those kids have another gear or not.

#1 Kings fan In The World
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)

Keep the same lines please. AA just isn't skilled enough to be in the line up

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4288 Post(s)

Thank you Nyssa!

I've actually got a game tonight and it might be the only thing that saves me from going crazy

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Thanks, Nyssa!! These threads get me pumped up. I envy @jammer06. I almost wish I had a game tonight to calm my nerves.

Let's hope the Kings roll the same lines and come out with guns a blazin' because as a TEAM we BEAT EDM every time. They'll try and create separation to split up the 5 man unit, but this time we know it.

Kane is already starting to snap, McJesus looked tired, Nugent-Hopkins was getting frustrated, and Leon disappeared the last game. We DID get to them. If we push hard from the drop this will be fun as we create pain off the rush, which, if Edm forces it, we'll have a lot of...

Go Kings Go!!

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

Crave for an early goal tonight to close down the fans. Then we play our game....

GO KINGS

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    530 Post(s)

Kings have played well in the first period the whole series, but they'll need to once again. The first Kings PK, whenever it happens (and it will), will be very important as well.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5195 Post(s)

Thank you, Susan et al!

This game is definitely winnable. The seeds of doubt have been sown.

GKG!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1018 Post(s)

Win or lose, I'm hoping for a competitive game. And it would be nice if someone took out the trash (Kane).

Thanks Nyssa!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)

Would be nice if Kane did something really stupid and got suspended for the next game.