Thread: 2022 Offseason Thread

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Speaking of waivers exempt, with Doughty and Walker coming back on the right side, plus Roy.. that leaves Anderson, Moverare, and Durzi. Spence and Bjornfot can technically be sent down since they are waiver exempt, but Durzi is not, so he either must be traded, or they’ll have to find a roster spot for him.. or move someone else. With Doughty having years remaining, and Brandt Clarke to come soon enough, I suspect that Durzi is on borrowed time with the Kings. I simply can’t see him switching sides, since he’s already a bit of a mess in regards to his skating and defensive reads. Thus, he seems like the obvious choice to be exchanged for LD talent. The reason being, you’ve already got a point scorer on the right side with Doughty, and Walker, to my memory was better defensively than Durzi. Plus, I think Durzis point production is going to garner him a significant pay raise, so unless Walker can comfortably and effectively play the left side, it simply has to be done.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Technically, you can send Kupari down to Ontario and keep everyone else. He's waivers exempt for one more year.
    Well yeah, but for how long? Kupari played 50+ games with the Kings last year - heís not going to play all year (if any) in Ontario. Doesnít change the question of who you trade and for what because itís going to happen.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingnut View Post
    I see AA going to the Oil or Dux and doing well. Wish him the best. Was hoping he would stick here.
    AA signed with the Kings after playing 9 games with the Oilers in 2019/20... don't see him going back.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1827 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeftHand View Post
    Speaking of waivers exempt, with Doughty and Walker coming back on the right side, plus Roy.. that leaves Anderson, Moverare, and Durzi. Spence and Bjornfot can technically be sent down since they are waiver exempt, but Durzi is not, so he either must be traded, or they’ll have to find a roster spot for him.. or move someone else. With Doughty having years remaining, and Brandt Clarke to come soon enough, I suspect that Durzi is on borrowed time with the Kings. I simply can’t see him switching sides, since he’s already a bit of a mess in regards to his skating and defensive reads. Thus, he seems like the obvious choice to be exchanged for LD talent. The reason being, you’ve already got a point scorer on the right side with Doughty, and Walker, to my memory was better defensively than Durzi. Plus, I think Durzis point production is going to garner him a significant pay raise, so unless Walker can comfortably and effectively play the left side, it simply has to be done.
    Walker will play on his off side, like Martinez did occasionally when he was here, and we'll roll with Durzi. Durzi makes some weird reads but he has a level of puck moving skill that nobody on the team has. I would not move him unless it was for a big return. He's already shown himself to be 90% of what we hope Clarke will be.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Walker will play on his off side, like Martinez did occasionally when he was here, and we'll roll with Durzi. Durzi makes some weird reads but he has a level of puck moving skill that nobody on the team has. I would not move him unless it was for a big return. He's already shown himself to be 90% of what we hope Clarke will be.
    It was pretty amazing the impact he made on his first playoff series and I agree with you he has skill and intangibles that the team is greatly in need of - plus he leaves it all out there on the ice. Biggest thing with Durzi is trying to ensure he doesn't develop any bad habits, like trying to do too much. It'll be interesting to see how he evolves likely having to take a bit of a lesser role next season with Doughty back.

MVP
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2640 Post(s)

We are about 3 months and some change from the start of the regular season

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1324 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    Agreed I don't see the need to move Iafallo. I'd prefer the Kings to trade for a top goalie prospect (a few are available) and trade Petersen and his $5m contract if another team is interested. Nothing against Petersen, I just don't think the Kings can justify having $10m tied up in goalies and there seems to be equal talent available for less.
    Hoven spoke on NHL radio about the potential need to move Iafallo, Walker, Roy in order to clear cap space. I could easily see one or more of those happening.

https://t.co/KOw0D9m1k1

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    370 Post(s)

Iím not certain that Petersen is not going to be THE guy. I know some have already decided that. BUT - this is one of the few blunders I see that Blake has made. He has a contract he has not earned and itís taking up significant cap space. We all thought Quick would be coming off the books next summer so it wouldnít be so bad, but so far youíre going to need to re-up Quick. Tough to swallow right now. Hope he proves his worth this year.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    977 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    Iím not certain that Petersen is not going to be THE guy. I know some have already decided that. BUT - this is one of the few blunders I see that Blake has made. He has a contract he has not earned and itís taking up significant cap space. We all thought Quick would be coming off the books next summer so it wouldnít be so bad, but so far youíre going to need to re-up Quick. Tough to swallow right now. Hope he proves his worth this year.
    Counter point: Re-up Quick?

The Jari Kurri of LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

From: https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/O...-Buzz/1/117999

"While I still believe the Preds will get Forsberg signed, there is a strong feeling growing out there that Forsberg could head to LA.. His wife is in the entertainment industry and the Kings are hell bent on adding scoring."

Forsberg - Kopi - Fiala ?