Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    That's an interesting criteria, it needs to be qualified regarding Stanley cup capability. Not many teams have three 20 goal scorers on their top line. Only three contending teams pulled off a top line with 3 20 goal scoring this year

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy...22/c-300943326

This ranking is fantasy, not actual combos and they can't even get there. Florida, Toronto and Colorado are your standard bearers. Everyone else needed a 15+ goal man in that third spot. If Florida can get un****ed in the playoffs it will go a long way to bringing back that one absolutely dominant line.
    My comment was about Kopi and AI being under 20. Both guys don't have to score 20+. But one of them does.

And it may not ever be Kopi again. Therefore, it's probably AI who needs to pick up the goal-scoring slack.

Still, I would be just as happy seeing Kempe score 35-40 while 11 and 19 are racking up assists. It's about total production from a top line.

Don't know what happened to AI in 2022 after being so good in the 2021 segment of the season. Hope he can turn the switch back on.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Offseason fashion watch: Kopi rockin the DB23 hoodie. Love to see it!

Last edited by Pickle_Pucks; May 25th, 2022 at 03:20 PM.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4281 Post(s)

Russo posted his take on the eligible teams for Fiala

https://theathletic.com/3329872/2022...shared-article

The relevant part to the kings:

Los Angeles Kings: L.A. is a structured team that controls play well. What the Kings lack is dynamic game-breakers, as evidenced by their NHL-worst shooting percentage in the regular season. Besides Adrian Kempe, the Kings are still looking for their next offensive star. Fiala would be a sure thing, a guaranteed top-line contributor for years to come. L.A. is projected to have oodles of cap space this summer and is asset rich with one of the NHL’s deepest prospect pools, meaning it checks the boxes to make a trade happen logistically.
    I'm not a Fiala fan but he was a point per game player away from Kirill

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5192 Post(s)

He always seems to get off to a slow start, but heats up big time in the second half of the season. Fiala would definitely be an addition on offense, but he is another left shot forward. Kings are overloaded in that department. Or would one move Iafallo to make room for Fiala?

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)

He'd be a nice pickup but he's an RFA so pass. I'd rather focus on Forsberg or even Rakell.

I was in the pool!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    He always seems to get off to a slow start, but heats up big time in the second half of the season. Fiala would definitely be an addition on offense, but he is another left shot forward. Kings are overloaded in that department. Or would one move Iafallo to make room for Fiala?
    What the Kings are not overloaded on is legit first line left wings, which is exactly what Fiala is. He is on the small side, but otherwise a perfect fit. Iafallo should be on the third line, so if they get Fiala Iafallo can slot into what would be his natural spot.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    He'd be a nice pickup but he's an RFA so pass. I'd rather focus on Forsberg or even Rakell.
    I kinda like Rakell as a match with Kopi and Juice. But, yes, Forsberg has to be the prime target. He sure made Johansen look better than he is. Let’s hope Filip sees a future in L.A. that he wants to join and become reunited with Arvy.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    What the Kings are not overloaded on is legit first line left wings, which is exactly what Fiala is. He is on the small side, but otherwise a perfect fit. Iafallo should be on the third line, so if they get Fiala Iafallo can slot into what would be his natural spot.
    But Fiala’s an RFA… what would be the price?

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    819 Post(s)

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4281 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    The most interesting part of that article was how it pointed out the scoring in the bottom six as noting only Kaliyev and Lizotte cleared 10 goals in that role. It actually makes me wonder how much of Lizotte's production can be attributed to AK. Arty did get 6 of his 14 goals on the PP, but getting 8 at evens in the bottom role he had is nothing to sneeze at. Lizotte understandably didn't get much if any PP time. AK did post 10 even strength assists (only 3 on the PP). Last year Lizotte only posted 3 goals in 41 games and the season before 7 in 65 games. He's actually entering his 25yo season so still eligible to have a statistical peak on his own. Just a curiosity in my mind that lends itself to keeping Blake in a 4th line role and hoping that one of these rookies will play their way into the middle six role this team needs.

Regarding Forsberg, their comments about Burakovsky and Nichushkin were comical. Nadri is gone there and those two will be Sakic's focus. If anyone wants to raid any part of the Av's their most likely scenario is believing Ryan Murray has something left in the tank to offer a team that needs depth. He's still only 28 and could find he's still a quality NHL'er, competing with the other folks on that back end might make Drew wonder if he still knew how to hockey.