2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

Default 2022 NHL Entry Draft

If the Kings hold onto the 19th selection I would love to see them take a home run swing on a high skill forward, preferably a winger.

Looking at the most recent mock draft from The Athletic they have the Kings selecting Isaac Howard a smooth skating, small offensively skilled winger who's committed to attend UMD this fall.

https://theathletic.com/3374958/2022...ff-mock-draft/

19. Los Angeles Kings: Isaac Howard, LW, U.S. NTDP-USHL
    The Kings have one of — if not the — the strongest, deepest prospect pools in the NHL and it puts them in a favorable and enviable spot with their pick, where they can let their current group climb over each other for depth jobs and take a cut on a high-skill, high-upside player for the future. Howard, one of the draft’s most gifted wingers, makes perfect sense for them for those reasons if he’s available. He’s a top-15 talent in this class. He makes a lot of sense for them here. I know he wants to be one-and-done but he could likely be convinced into two college seasons so that he travels along a different timeline than the glut of other kids they’ve got knocking on the door at the moment. —Scott Wheeler

I don't know if this kid will still be available when we pick but if he is he makes too much sense considering his skill set and the lack of high end skill in the current prospect cupboard.

The Swedish King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

TSN’s Craig Button has Howard being picked at #32, so hopefully there is a chance we’ll get him!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)

I'd prefer either Bischel or Pickering. Let's get a big body and fill a couple areas of need at once.

https://thehockeywriters.com/lian-bi...spect-profile/

https://thehockeywriters.com/owen-pi...spect-profile/

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    I'd prefer either Bischel or Pickering. Let's get a big body and fill a couple areas of need at once.

https://thehockeywriters.com/lian-bi...spect-profile/

https://thehockeywriters.com/owen-pi...spect-profile/
    I'm not opposed to adding size but we know it's much harder and more expensive to acquire skill vs. size. If you start focusing on size and physicality you end up taking Colten Teubert in the 1st round of 2008 instead of guys who went on to have long NHL careers like Erik Karlson, John Carlson, Tyler Myers, Jake Gardiner, Jordan Eberle; etc...

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Statue4Deano View Post
    I'm not opposed to adding size but we know it's much harder and more expensive to acquire skill vs. size. If you start focusing on size and physicality you end up taking Colten Teubert in the 1st round of 2008 instead of guys who went on to have long NHL careers like Erik Karlson, John Carlson, Tyler Myers, Jake Gardiner, Jordan Eberle; etc...
    That's using the assumption that Pickering or Bischel do not have skill, which isn't the case. There is a reason both are rated within the top 30 in the consolidated rankings (right around where Howard is). I wouldn't be opposed to Howard as we need scorers and he could turn out to be a true home run, it just really depends on what Blake feels he can do in the offseason through free agency/trade. End of the day, Blake needs to fill both a top line scoring role and top LD this offseason.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    That's using the assumption that Pickering or Bischel do not have skill, which isn't the case. There is a reason both are rated within the top 30 in the consolidated rankings (right around where Howard is). I wouldn't be opposed to Howard as we need scorers and he could turn out to be a true home run, it just really depends on what Blake feels he can do in the offseason through free agency/trade. End of the day, Blake needs to fill both a top line scoring role and top LD this offseason.
    Agreed on that. I’d be real happy with McGroarty and excited about Bischel also. Both bring size and skill. The talk on McGroarty is also a great character player with an edge who has a real shot of panning out as a middle six NHL’er. Would be lucky if either are around at 19.

However, with Chychrun and Fiala on the market and requiring a 1st then one of those is without saying my first choice.

All Star
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)

Moot point, now, unless you're looking past the 1st round.

#KevinFialla

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    747 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clif View Post

However, with Chychrun and Fiala on the market and requiring a 1st then one of those is without saying my first choice.
    Prescient!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

Love flipping the pick for Fiala. Great offensive skill winger in his prime. That's exactly the type of move you make if you're trading out of the 1st round.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Prescient!
    Dude I picked the right time for that post! Nah just so psyched to see it actually happen. Great day.