Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rookie ans Sr training camp dates?

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3855 Post(s)

You guys....Brandt Clarke is even better than we have been told. I'm at training camp, and he is amazing!!
    Spence is looking great, too.

We've got my daughter's baby with us, so I haven't been able to watch as much as I would like,
    so I'm not sure about how anyone else is looking.... That's how much Clarke stands out
    Last edited by Nyssa42; September 23rd, 2022 at 12:29 AM.
    THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BROWNIE!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    During training camp or in any preseason games, who else wants to see Lizotte & Helenius on the same line?

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    757 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    You guys....Brandt Clarke is even better than we have been told. I'm at training camp, and he is amazing!!
    Spence is looking great, too.
    I can't wait to see him based on your enthusiasm. And Spence is one of my favorite developments of recent years. I hope that kid turns into a name brand on our blue line, I just love his story and international journey.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3855 Post(s)

Chromiak is the real deal. He's impressed me a lot this morning. I realize now that I also noticed him a lot yesterday when I had my granddaughter taking up half my attention, so he's definitely a keeper.

Byfield is skating less like a baby giraffe. He had some great plays in the scrimmage, with an excellent faceoff win that led to a goal by Sean Walker from the point that Quickie couldn't see through traffic.
    Speaking of Walker.... He looks GREAT!! YAY!

I'm still ecstatic over Clarke. He skates with that "I'm just floating across the ice" style of Duncan Keith.

Biggest surprise is this Alan Quine dude - he's on an AHL contract, we got him from the VGK.... Surprised he's never gotten his NHL cup of coffee, but maybe he got derailed by Covid situations. He's already 29 years old.

Not sure Kopi with Fiala is going to be the best fit....Kopi is too slow for Fiala!!

And..Helenius is very tall (listed at 6'6")
    Last edited by Nyssa42; September 23rd, 2022 at 11:53 AM.
    THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BROWNIE!

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Thanks for the camp updates, all! I'm definitely pumped for this year!

Go Kings Go, and screw what ANY analyst says, it holds no weight.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

yes indeed! thanks for the updates!!! Very exciting times.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA8omm

Follow link for some pics from today's camp.

LA Kings Training Camp 2022
    "Funny thing I haven't heard Beat LA for a while here. Music to MY ears." - Bob Miller LA at SJ 10/22/2015

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

Chromiak is the real deal. He's impressed me a lot this morning. I realize now that I also noticed him a lot yesterday when I had my granddaughter taking up half my attention, so he's definitely a keeper.

Byfield is skating less like a baby giraffe. He had some great plays in the scrimmage, with an excellent faceoff win that led to a goal by Sean Walker from the point that Quickie couldn't see through traffic.

I'm still ecstatic over Clarke. He skates with that "I'm just floating across the ice" style of Duncan Keith.

Biggest surprise is this Alan Quine dude - he's on an AHL contract, we got him from the VGK.... Surprised he's never gotten his NHL cup of coffee, but maybe he got derailed by Covid situations. He's already 29 years old.

Not sure Kopi with Fiala is going to be the best fit....Kopi is too slow for Fiala!!

Isn't Brandt's skating "weird"? Doesn't he have poor technique/posture or something? Or did he fix that? Anyhow, it's great to see one of his biggest flaws isn't that much of a flaw.

Kopi with Fiala...yeah. Some of us have been saying that for quite long. I really hope the coaching team is just trying things out just in case and will then concede that Kopi is the best fit with Kaliyev and Iaffallo.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5212 Post(s)

Kopi centering 2 of the fastest players in the league doesn’t make sense to me either. Turcotte would be a better choice if healthy.

Kopi and Iafallo belong together.

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1996 Post(s)

I was at camp yesterday (Friday). Her are my thoughts from the scrimmage:

Clarke looked good but looked like he's not NHL-ready. He belongs in the AHL and if he can't play there he should go back to the CHL based on what I saw.

Fagemo has a GREAT shot.

Walker is playing LD and looks really good there, although I suspect he's better at RD.

Lemieux and Quine were goofing on each other...that was funny.

Vilardi oozes talent. I just with he would play with the desperation of a guy who's on his last chance to make the Kings.

Byfield played like a kid still growing into his body who doesn't know what to do with his size.

Kempe played bigger than he is.

Petersen has work to do to be a #1 .

Chromiak looks like the next Kaliyev or Fagemo. He looks like a natural scorer.

Andersson looks like the perfect 14th forward.

Tynan was on the ice solo taking extra shots. He just loves being a hockey player.

Madden looks like the next Tynan.

Pinelli and Thomas look like a real prospects with some work to do.

Grans looks overmatched.

Jacob Doty's nickname should be "Brad".