Thread: World Cup 2022

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2521 Post(s)

US did quite well with the draw. Keeping the unbeaten streak against England alive!
    Now they have their fate in their hands against Iran. ���� ����

Argentina redeemed themselves thanks to Messi and Enzo Fernandez brilliant strike!
    What a goal for Enzo’s first World Cup goal. That kid is gonna be huge.
    Argentina has their fate in their hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    998 Post(s)

Whew! This week and weekend has been a lot...

Before this morning's match, top to bottom Brazil is the team to beat (Serbia just did not have the talent but gave them no time or space& played DIIIRRTY. Fun game.). But loving Germany, Netherlands, Croatia and Spain. All the African teams played plucky, nice job guys and South Korea's got a little swag. Team USA, you ask...? Afraid to type anything (jinxies), so will defer to the thread.

Personal note:My liver has given me notice (flew too close to the sun, got burned) and am on a juice cleanse (read: muscle milk) with 5 out of 7 days a week devoted to vegetarianism to recover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1295 Post(s)

S Korea/Ghana was super fun today! Part of me hopes S Korea goes out so Son can get that much more rest before going back to Tottenham...

Uruguay/Portugal was fun but chippy. Always sad to see a player crying when he has to leave the game.

I'm not saying anything about tomorrow other than I fear not withstanding all the US twitter/flag emblem brew ha ha, it's going to be an extremely difficult game. Iran has guys that can finish from what I've seen, and the US aside from a Weah/Pulisic moment of brilliance hasn't shown that killing finish yet.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2521 Post(s)

....add to the two above posts: Iran does not play "clean" just ask Jurgen Klinsmann about it.....wait.....somebody did.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2521 Post(s)

So Mexico with zero goals in the group stage going into the last match.
    Anyone think Chicha would have made a difference?!?!

I think the team is old, and Tata needs to go, but leaving Chicha off the roster was a real bad call.
    Even if he wasn’t a starter, he could have been a super sub with a huge impact.

Oh well.