Thread: The Clarke Decision

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)

Default The Clarke Decision

Really good article from The Mayor on the factors at play in the Clarke decision.

https://mayorsmanor.com/2022/11/the-...brandt-clarke/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)

My fear is they've tried to get cute with this decision. Like they think they found this briliant way to get around the rules and they sort of have, but at what expense? Feel like the kid in the lineup wouldve been helpful in some of these losses.

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3964 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    My fear is they've tried to get cute with this decision. Like they think they found this briliant way to get around the rules and they sort of have, but at what expense? Feel like the kid in the lineup wouldve been helpful in some of these losses.
    Agreed. Just play the kid and stop it with the mind games.

They know he's NHL ready but this whole stupid 10 game thing is annoying.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Agreed. Just play the kid and stop it with the mind games.

They know he's NHL ready but this whole stupid 10 game thing is annoying.
    Personally I think he is best suited to be in the AHL right now, and his slow start with the Reign shows that. That said, no use in sending him there since he can't stay so I agree that it's time to give him regular minutes with the Kings and stop avoiding doing so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)

Did you guys read the article? What they are trying to do sounds very reasonable.

They're expecting him to get an invite to the World Juniors camp, which would buy some time and allow them to use him down the stretch of the NHL season without burning the 40 game threshold for a specific FA clause in his pro contract.

It all makes pretty good sense.

Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2519 Post(s)

ive seen arguments for and against, and i think this is likely the best path forward. He gets probably at least as many games this way than if he just stayed with the Kings. It allows them stay under 40 games with the Kings. And it allows them to work walker and durzi into the lineup. There are a lot of parts to this, and this allows them to fit everything in. And it's significantly better than him going back to minors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

How many games is a full OHL season anyways? Is it really a detriment to only play him 35-40 games this season in the NHL, with that peppering of games down in the AHL, plus a potential world juniors run? Iím also wondering if the Kings can continue to scratch him, and pull this conditioning stint in the AHL a few more times throughout the season.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Blake is going to ruin this kids career. Just play the kid, he will make some mistakes but he will learn from them. Heck the whole team is making all sorts of stupid mistakes and they are still playing them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)

Clarke wasn’t on the list of 29 players invited to Hockey Canada’s camp. Neither were Wright or McTavish, but it appears they’re not simply guaranteeing NHL clubs spots for their top prospects.

Not real interested in seeing him try out and possibly not make it. This situation is getting dumber.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4427 Post(s)

Per Pronman he's one of the three that are expected to be released to the team

Team Canada, Team USA world juniors camp invite breakdowns — who got picked and why?

The relevant portion:

While Shane Wright, Dylan Guenther and Brandt Clarke weren’t listed on the roster Team Canada released, it’s expected they will be loaned out.
    Note this isn't a confirmation and presumably Blake has been talking with the folks at hockey canada and not just assuming things. All that said I'm not seeing how the Toddster is going to meld another rookie into the lineup since he's finally gotten Q basically earning his way into the lineup back from the A and there's already the Reign grumbles about callups. If it was as simple as "does he make the lineup better" I'd trust Todd and Blake to do the right thing. But they aren't doing that and the potential for unintended consequences with this strategery keeps growing.