36 Post(s)

well... that sucked.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3970 Post(s)

worst game of the year. and not just because of the score. Couldn't make anything happen. But, also, mostly because of the score, because we've had a few other games where we couldn't make anything happen but didn't lose this bad.
    THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BROWNIE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

2 of the past 3 games we have been totally outclassed. First, by Carolina and again tonight. As Faust said, the Kings were on their heels right from the start. Too many games this season like this. When are we going to see some changes? Clearly, what we have isn't getting it done.

I hope something is done soon before this season slips away.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    621 Post(s)

Kings did make a change. They put all the blame on Peterson, waived him and sent him to Ontario. Only problem is Peterson wasn't the only problem, he was just one little problem and not the big problem. The big problem is first this group is very inconsistent, They are not playing at the level they are capable consistently. Second, this group is not being pushed right to play consistently. And this leads to where the real problem lies. This team is a direct reflection of the head coach. The HC is the one who devises the system or the identity of the team, he is responsible for teaching and motivating the team to play the system and he isn't doing that correctly. Blake can keep sending players to the minors or even trading them but that will not fix the incapability of the HC to get the team to play the game right consistently. TM has taken this group as far as he is capable of and it isn't good enough. So as long as TM is coaching this team it will be more of the same.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    854 Post(s)

Not that it's his fault, but Quick is up to a .888 SV% and a .333 GAA after that one. Our defense is clearly broken.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

If the Leads did this bad of a beatdown, then I'm not looking forward to the Bruins game...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Firing the coach won't magically fix the holes in this team's composition, but it'll make me feel a lot better that a proven loser (of hockey games) isn't the one in charge of the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgs View Post
    Kings did make a change. They put all the blame on Peterson, waived him and sent him to Ontario. Only problem is Peterson wasn't the only problem, he was just one little problem and not the big problem. The big problem is first this group is very inconsistent, They are not playing at the level they are capable consistently. Second, this group is not being pushed right to play consistently. And this leads to where the real problem lies. This team is a direct reflection of the head coach. The HC is the one who devises the system or the identity of the team, he is responsible for teaching and motivating the team to play the system and he isn't doing that correctly. Blake can keep sending players to the minors or even trading them but that will not fix the incapability of the HC to get the team to play the game right consistently. TM has taken this group as far as he is capable of and it isn't good enough. So as long as TM is coaching this team it will be more of the same.
    Could not have said it better myself. This very much reminds me of 2011 when Lombardi dropped the hammer on Terry Murray. If memory serves me correctly, it was when the team was in Boston. Same kind of flailing underachieving, no identity, absolutely no structure, getting outworked/outclassed in too many games, etc. I was never a fan of the TM hire, but this is his 4th season to get it right. I thought he had the boys on the right path last year and this was the year to get over the hump and win some playoff series, but we are going in the wrong direction.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2732 Post(s)

I blame the players. They don't have the commitment. Dana ulta is not playing like he did last season. Most aren't and they had to step up last season due to all the injuries. This season not so much. Teams have found the Kings weaknesses. Play physical against them and the Kings fold. I'm tired of hearing the Kings don't have an identity. Yes they do, they are soft with zero grit. I'll keep watching, however with zero expectations. I can say, our scouting department is weak, drafting the same type of player over and over trying to see if one sticks is annoying. Try mixing it up once in a while.