All Things:Pub Snacks

wjzp1rI.jpg

Jayzus, why did it take me...a pickle guy from waaaaaaay back, so long to try this.

Brilliant!

qS8C8D1.jpg

These are more sweet than heat...but dang, these are gooooooood.

Ok, does anyone know a store, or a take out place, that has pickled eggs?
Odd request, I know...but I'm on a pickle quest and I need to know how they taste. Greater east and west la area...

qS8C8D1.jpg

Odd request, I know...but I'm on a pickle quest and I need to know how they taste. Greater east and west la area...

You could make your own. There are plenty of recipes online but it's 50/50 white or apple cider vinegar and water, plus pickling spices. You can do a higher ratio of vinegar if you want it stronger. Also, adding stuff like beets or turmeric also changes the color if you want that. But if you don't want to follow a recipe, just use the jar of pickles you have. When you run out of pickles, don't throw it away. Get another container with a lid, about 12-24 ounces. Fill the container with peeled hard boiled eggs & pour back in the liquid including the spices. Then let it sit in the refrigerator. It takes maybe 2 days to absorb the flavor but the longer they're in the more they absorb.

If you want the best, head to Joe Jost's in Long Beach. If you don't want to drive...they sell the kit online.

https://joejosts.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/joe-josts-pickled-egg-mix

Want to make them on your own? Joe Jost's had put out some fake recipes to throw people off, but the real way to make it: get a couple/few jars of Mezzetta hot peppers, empty the contents into a larger container, and throw some hard boiled eggs (cooled, of course) in. Give it a week or two, and you're golden - just like the eggs.

qS8C8D1.jpg

Phillipe's has great pickled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom