Manor Brandt Clarke Named to 2024 AHL All-Star Game, Fagemo Snubbed

LGKbot

They see me rollin'. They hatin'.
Staff member
LGKash:
$500.00
Clarke_Nov19-2022_MayorsManor_Zitek-scaled.jpg

In what will likely serve as another chip on his shoulder, Sammy Fagemo has been left off the list of players invited to next month’s AHL All-Star Classic in San Jose. More on that in a moment, though.

Defenseman Brandt Clarke will be the lone Ontario Reign representative at the league’s annual All-Star Weekend.

Despite being up with the Kings currently, Clarke will be able to take in all the festivities — both the Skills Competition on Sun., Feb 4 and the Game on Mon., Feb. 5 — as LA is actually scheduled to be off from Feb. 1 – 10.

At the time of his recall to the NHL last week, our article said:

On Tuesday, the 20-year-old blueliner was named AHL Rookie of the Month. In December, he posted two goals and 12 assists. On the season, he has 32 points (7G, 25A) in 30 games with the Ontario Reign. He leads all defensemen in the American League in points and is tied for second among all skaters.

Originally selected eighth overall at the 2021 Draft, the right shot blueliner made his NHL debut last season, playing nine games with the Kings before ultimately ending up back in the OHL where he destroyed the competition. In just 31 games, Clarke recorded 61 points in 31 games after returning from earning a gold medal with Team Canada at the World Junior Championships.

Since then, he’s played in one game for the Kings thus far on their current six-game road trip.

As for Fagemo, he’s been one of the hottest players in all of hockey since being reacquired on waivers by Kings GM Rob Blake.

Even before his two goals in San Jose last night, the 23-year-old winger was already up to fourth in goals among all AHL players. He’s produced five goals in his last two games. Overall, his 18 goals are just two back of the league leader and Fagemo has played 11 fewer games.

It’s not just goals, though. Fagemo has only been held without a point in just four of the 22 games he’s played with the Reign this season.

Fagemo said his primary focus over the summer was working on consistency. Also talked repeatedly about how much fun he's having right now — "I think that's really important."

For good measure, we swapped a few WJC stories. He loved watching Team Sweden play in his old rink. pic.twitter.com/ekIQU9rzcl

— The Mayor | Team MM (@mayorNHL) January 7, 2024

In speaking with Reign coach Marco Sturm on Saturday night, he offered the following when asked if he was seeing a different player this season, compared to Fagemo last year:

“I think so, I really think so,” said the former NHL player, turned coach. “Since he’s come back, he’s been awesome. I really like [his play]. It’s not easy for him being back here either. He’s still hoping for a chance [at the NHL], but he’s definitely been a way bigger threat than he was last year.”

RELATED CONTENT:

Follow @mayorNHL

Comments

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom