Brandt Clarke Suspended

I was going to post this too because I can't see the foul on the replay. There's conspiracy chatter on Twitter suggesting this is similar treatment to his World Juniors snub. Weird.

Thanks for posting. I was thinking the same thing, that it didn't seem to merit a suspension, but was reluctant to say something and be accused of liking old school hockey. It seemed like he just ran into the opponent rather than came in and blew the guy up. I dunno.

His main crime was being taller than the guy getting hit. The original contact was shoulder-to-shoulder then thru to the head. Tough to avoid with that much momentum. Unfortunately, it is a suspendible offense.

I have to be honest...this is beyond a suspension. I really hope they throw him out of the league for this.

We need the help in the bigs!!!

I was going to post this too because I can't see the foul on the replay. There's conspiracy chatter on Twitter suggesting this is similar treatment to his World Juniors snub. Weird.

I'd say it's much more likely the fact that he's Canadiens property that influenced the suspension. Though I'm with santiclaws below...it's totally reasonable to be more conservative in the CHL.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the rules in the OHL regarding hits to the head are generally enforced more strictly than in the NHL. These are kids.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom