***Columbus Blue Jackets vs. LA Kings GDT 2/20/24 7:30pm on BSW***

I have a feeling QB is just getting started.
Boomer told a good QB story this morning on NHLNetwork from his OHL days describing a similarly spectacular goal to the play we saw last night. I remember watching so many jaw-dropping plays on video before the day Byfield was drafted when the Stutzle or QB question was burning up the message boards. I've always been on team Byfield, but I admit to getting impatient about not seeing those skills at the NHL level... especially when he had a another so-so training camp this year. But since November he has been opening like a beautiful, rare flower. We Kings fans are very lucky to have #55... and #92 ain't so bad either.

Boomer told a good QB story this morning on NHLNetwork from his OHL days describing a similarly spectacular goal to the play we saw last night. I remember watching so many jaw-dropping plays on video before the day Byfield was drafted when the Stutzle or QB question was burning up the message boards. I've always been on team Byfield, but I admit to getting impatient about not seeing those skills at the NHL level... especially when he had a another so-so training camp this year. But since November he has been opening like a beautiful, rare flower. We Kings fans are very lucky to have #55... and #92 ain't so bad either.
I have to admit I was also growing 'impatient' with QB and was skeptical at the prospect of him turning into a game changer. And I have zero problem eating crow (I prefer my crow deep fried with pomme frites and cheese broccoli).

But seriously, he's really developed quickly this season, and has indeed become a game changer. And it's not just his mad offensive skills, he's become a fine all-around player, and the fact he's still only 21 years old is mind-blowing.

The sky is the limit with this kid. And yeah, #92 ain't so bad either.

Kaliyev… you stink at hockey.
Yes, he has his problems.
In his defense, he has been mind f***ed quite a bit.
Last year Blake says he's an important player going forward.
Inconsistent linemates, benched a lot when there are chances for him to play.
Todd just refusing to give him a chance to play consistently and develop.
It's hard to stay 100% positive when you're not sure where you fit in.

I'm not in the camp of trading him.
How many prospects has Blake mismanaged?
I'd like him to get a fair chance.
Shoot, if Hiller can babysit and hold PLD's hands like a child, he can certainly make an effort with Arty.

Before we get all excited about the Blue Jackets win, I had to take a look at the standings and the Jackets are the worst in the Eastern Conference.

With that said, the goal by Byfield, incredible. The saves by Talbott, outstanding, the miscues on defense, perplexing. Big games coming up, they need at least an 8-game winning streak. Anything less, disappointing. These are just my expert opinions.

Before we get all excited about the Blue Jackets win, I had to take a look at the standings and the Jackets are the worst in the Eastern Conference.

With that said, the goal by Byfield, incredible. The saves by Talbott, outstanding, the miscues on defense, perplexing. Big games coming up, they need at least an 8-game winning streak. Anything less, disappointing. These are just my expert opinions.
"At least an 8-game winning streak?" I think your expectations are a wee bit loopy.

It was their 3rd in four days with a 5 hour flight mixed in. A sloppy 5-1 win is just fine.
They all can't be top notch. A few weeks ago they lose this game.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom